iPhone Soul Gambler - A blend of RPG, Comics and Adventure [Universal] [by Mother Gaia]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by tulio.soria, Sep 24, 2013.

1. #1 tulio.soria, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Available on APP Store
    Soul Gambler: A Dark Magic Graphic Novel

Hi Guys,

I am Tulio Soria, Product Lead of Soul Gambler, an upcoming iPad Game that mixes mechanics of RPG, Comics and Adventure Games.

The game is inspired by Goethe’s Faust, a tragic play written in the 19th century, adapted into a contemporary and engaging version that puts the reader-player into the role of Faust, an ordinary young man living in the present day. As Faust is dispiritedly leaving his boring job one day, he is offered a tempting proposal: to sell parts of his soul in exchange for the fulfillment of his wishes. :eek:

Check out www.soulgambler.com for more information

Take a look at some Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, check out our Official Video

Do you want a PROMO CODE? Just ask us by Private Message! :cool:

2. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    If he were to NOT accept the offer, wouldn't that be a pretty short game?

3. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    You can play the first chapter on their site http://www.soulgambler.com you'll find out this is and offer he can't refuse.

I've played chapter 1 about 2 or 3 times and it's pretty interesting. I just wanted it to be longer. I can't wait to get through the whole thing! :cool:

4. 17th October

I'm here just to say that the game will be available on October 17th (Universal app) :)

5. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Price please?

6. Price

The game is FREE to download on App Store.
    The entire game are composed by four chapters, however, two chapters are free and the other two are $2.99.

Here is more information about Soul Gambler:

Platform: iOs target devices Universal binary (recommended for iPhone 3GS or newer; iPad 2 or newer)

Pricing & Business model Freemium (first chapters are free; final Chapters for $2.99)

Territories available Worldwide

Localization English and Brazilian Portuguese

- Universal binary with Retina, iPhone Tall and iPad HiRes support.

Product Description
    Soul Gambler is an interactive graphic novel inspired by Goethe’s tragic play Faust. In the role of the ordinary man Faust, the player must make meaningful choices as the game progresses that will dictate his destiny, the course of the story and even how the plot will ultimately end.

Unique selling point
    - Combines the presentation and art style of comic books with interactive mechanics commonly seen in digital games;
    - An involving story inspired by Goethe’s tragic masterpiece, Faust;
    - The choices you make are meaningful: they define Faust's traits and destiny, how the story unfolds, and even how the plot ends;
    - Crowdfunded on Kickstarter, this is the finished and completely revamped version of the original and successful Soul Gambler

7. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    #7 sabin1981, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    It looks and sounds really impressive, well done guys :)

~edit~

I tried to play the 1st chapter on your website but the page never loads. The "loading bar" for the game gets all the way to the end and then... nothing.

~edit~

Nevermind, some CTRL+F5ing later and it worked :)

8. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I've already emailed support about this problem, but I should add more details here:

I'm playing Soul Gambler (new version) on an iPad 2 with iOS 7 installed. I'm stuck in Chapter 1:
    it's the hospital scene after I save Wagner. The screen turns to black with the line, "My friend was alive, but he was not ok at all. And I..."--but then I can't tap the screen to advance the story. I've already tried saving and restoring--but the story 'freezes' at the same point.

9. sabin1981

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    Is the new version out then? All I can find is the older 2012 "Free" one on the App Store.

10. Soul Gambler on App Store

Thank you verlaine for reporting it. We have realized this bug yesterday and we already submitted an updated version.

Sabin, the game is online on APP Store, please check out http://bit.ly/1bZpLZW
    (I think that you are having problem to see the game because it was released today, so apple says that takes 24h to everyone can see the game).

Best!!!

11. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks, tulio! Just finished one route of the game without making 'that' choice. Very enjoyable :)

12. sabin1981

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    Awesome, thank you! Indeed it wasn't showing up at first, just the older "FREE" version. Thank you for the working link - I'll go check it out :)

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Didn't see it in AppStore! :(