★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Play God & Create Worlds with Life or Destroy everything within a tap of your finger!
Awards Received: BEST OF WORLD-BUILDING GAMES (iTunes), BEST OF GAMES: HIDDENS GEMS (iTunes) and TOP GAMES IF YOU LIKE MINECRAFT (iTunes)

-- PRESS REVIEWS --
"The Sandbox is a fantastically inventive mobile game that encourages players to create entire worlds and works of art!" Cult Of Mac

-- GAME PRESENTATION --
Imagine crafting your own world (complete with amazing Pixel Art), playing with Humans, Ninjas, Robots or Zombies, composing your own music and much more! The universe is yours to create or destroy, and the only limit is your imagination!

Start from scratch with basic building blocks like stone, water and soil. Grow plants, raise mountains, generate life and gain access to advanced tools for crafting more and more complex elements. Before long, youll be able to access non-organic elements like metal and light bulbs, allowing you to populate your universe with creations both natural and technological.

UNLEASH YOUR IMAGINATION
Millions of possibilities. Infinite landscape designs. Countless different chemical reactions. Nothing is beyond your reach!
Embrace your inner Pixel Artist to create or recreate amazing masterpieces and compose your very own chiptunes melodies with varied music instruments!
Bring life to your creations and watch them evolve, eat, destroy and die

AND NOW, A SLEW OF EXCITING FEATURES:
Over 280 elements to combine for different physic effects!
28 exciting campaigns -- a whopping 385 game levels in all!
Add an intelligent life-form to your worlds: Humans!
Change their behavior using Magic Powders and turn them into Miners, Hunters, Woodcutter, Zombies, Spacemen or even Robots!
Play with the controllable elements: Ninja, Avatar, Snake and create your video game levels!
The Brainiac allows to create dynamic contraptions: assemble them, move them, transport materials or activate separate actions!
Use one of the many Interactive Bodies to connect with it: Dragon, Spaceship, Plane, Flying Car, UFO, Train, Drill, Mechcloud and Kamikaze Drone; or make your own multi-pixels combination with existing elements and all modules available: Gravity, Tilt, Buttons, Pulsor, Toggle etc.
Cruise around in your sport car, transport elements with a truck, destroy the land with your tank or ride throughout space in the Lunar Lander!
Recreate the Jurassic Period with dinosaurs and volcanoes! Protect your dinosaurs from extinction or recreate the BIG BANG and make them disappear!
Try our new Blueprints and add awesome real-life wonders to your worlds: the Eiffel Tower, Chichen Itza, the Pyramids, the Statue of Liberty -- even a Crashed UFO!
Wreak havoc with powerful explosions with TNT or C4! Light up the sky with fireworks or the Galaxy Invaders!
Create amazing chain reactions with several sensor types, including liquid, light and temperature!
Craft worlds featuring unique Laser and discover their powers once combined with different gems!

SHARE YOUR CREATIONS WITH THE WORLD
Create your universe and then share it in The Sandboxs Online Gallery
Search in the Online gallery to see other players' creations (more than 1,500,000 worlds!)
Rate other players worlds and add elements too.

An entire universe in the palm of your hand!

-- FOLLOW US --
Twitter: http://twitter.com/thesandboxgame
Facebook: http://facebook.com/thesandboxgame

iND's comments:

05-14-2012, 05:33 AM
Finally! Was a blast to beta test!

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926

05-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Looks fantastic. Is it universal or is there an iPad version? Reckon it would play a lot better on the larger screen...
05-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Oh and just how evil are the inevitable IAP's?!
05-14-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingJim View Post
Looks fantastic. Is it universal or is there an iPad version? Reckon it would play a lot better on the larger screen...
Not universal! Iap is for unlockables, seems to be needed but i don't know how much you need to spend yet.

Find me on Twitter
05-14-2012, 06:38 AM
About time this is out. It looks pretty darn good. Interested in hearing about the iAPs and impressions.

Twitter: @back2this
05-14-2012, 06:46 AM
No comment on the IAPs, since we had everything unlocked, but this is a great game. If you enjoy the likes of Dust (flash game) and want a somewhat better-presented game that you can take with you, this will do you just fine. And hell, it's free.

I have to say though, the main game has no objectives. It's literally a sandbox - there for you to create whatever you want, letting your imagination run wild. The good news is that you can create anything from Rube Goldberg machines, to growing a plant with seeds, water, sunshine and lots of love, before covering it in oil, then setting said oil on fire. Just to see what happens.

Sandbox indeed.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.

Last edited by Echoseven; 05-14-2012 at 06:50 AM.
05-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
No comment on the IAPs, since we had everything unlocked, but this is a great game. If you enjoy the likes of Dust (flash game) and want a somewhat better-presented game that you can take with you, this will do you just fine. And hell, it's free.

I have to say though, the main game has no objectives. It's literally a sandbox - there for you to create whatever you want, letting your imagination run wild. The good news is that you can create anything from Rube Goldberg machines, to growing a plant with seeds, water, sunshine and lots of love, before covering it in oil, then setting said oil on fire. Just to see what happens.

Sandbox indeed.
Well this version has objectives, you unlock new elements as the "days" (missions) go by and you need to complete certain tasks. Also you've got a lot of achievements (game center) to keep yourself busy

Find me on Twitter
05-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Well I knew there were "days" where you unlock elements, but the main part is when you're let loose to create your own anythings once you have unlocked everything. I don't think the days will be the main draw to the game. ^^

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
05-14-2012, 07:20 AM
When does this come out in Australia? Checked before and it wasn't there. Super excited about this game!