Universal Mighty Strike Team by 502 Studios

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by foobraco, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foobraco

foobraco Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Game Developer
    Guatemala
    Hi everyone! My name is Bryan and I'm one of the developers in 502 Studios.

We're about to release our new game in a couple of weeks, I'd like to share a little video of the gameplay and a short summary of what it is about.

In a distant future when alien insects are putting the Earth in danger and a team has been assembled to avoid the destruction of the planet. It’s a job for the Mighty Strike Team!

You have 60 different missions to survive time periods, rescue teammates, beat enemies and save the planet. You can play as different members of the team as you progress through your quest, using different weapons suited for every mission.

It's a free to play game, starting with a certain amount of lives or "deployments" as they are called within the game. Each time you lose a mission, one deployment will be removed, and when you get to 0 deployments you will have the option to:

a) Buy unlimited deployments with an IAP
    b) Watch and ad and receive a certain amount of deployments.

So here it is a short teaser video of the game, I’ll be glad know what you think of it!

2. foobraco

foobraco Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Game Developer
    Guatemala
    Here are some gifs of the gameplay.

One of the boss fights!

[​IMG]

And one of the missions in a Space area

[​IMG]

Also, if any of you are interested, we're still doing beta testing through Testflight, so I'll be very happy if any of you want to try out the game! You can sign up for it here.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Beta form filled out and sent. This game looks really fun and I love beta testing!

Also your choice of one price to unlock is freemium done right. Thank you.

Bring it on!

Billy

4. TheNiceMan

TheNiceMan Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2015
    I think i`m done:

Hemos registrado tu respuesta.
    :D

5. foobraco

foobraco Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Game Developer
    Guatemala
    Thanks! I'm gonna add you to the list as soon as I can!

6. foobraco

foobraco Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Game Developer
    Guatemala
    We gave a lot of thought on how we should approach the monetization model, at first we wanted to release the game as a paid game, but later we realized we want to give the people the chance to try the game first and if they like it, they can keep on playing without interruptions. :)

7. foobraco

foobraco Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Game Developer
    Guatemala
    For the ones who signed up for the beta, let me know if you had any problems at all!

8. foobraco

foobraco Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Game Developer
    Guatemala
    Hey everyone! We just got approved by Apple, so we finally have a release date! And here is a new trailer to celebrate!

The game will be released as Free on Wednesday next week, but if enough people want, we can give away some promo codes to start playing early!

9. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

I would want one :)

10. foobraco

foobraco Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Game Developer
    Guatemala
    Sure, send me a PM and I'll send you one!

11. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    This is a ton of fun! It's pretty difficult, but the retro aesthetic works, as old school games were ridiculously hard. I think the "free to try, pay to unlock the full game" model will work really well here. The ads are not bad, considering it allows for continuous play, but I would pay a premium if need be.

12. Puke Aces

It still crashes a lot when I try to play a level

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I've had no crashes whatsoever. It's tough as nails but not in a way that makes me want to throw my phone against the wall. I like it.

iPhone 5 s running iOS 8.4.1

Billy

14. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Developer
    Insects invading the earth? Old school platformer! Like it! I loved playing these games in the past and I really miss cool boss fights in other games. ;) I'll download it on Wednesday and give it a try. Wish you good luck!

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Agreed, tough but not frustratingly so. I've not had any crashes either, on 6+ running 9.0 (haven't downloaded the newest patch yet)

16. Puke Aces

I'm on ios 8.0 ......

17. foobraco

foobraco Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Game Developer
    Guatemala
    Is still crashing? The version on the App Store should've fixed any problems with the beta test version! Let me know if you're still having troubles!

18. foobraco

foobraco Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Game Developer
    Guatemala
    Hey everyone! There's a new thread of the game now that it is released! I hope everyone is enjoying the game so far!