Universal Sonny (By Armor Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 12, 2017.

1. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Hmmmm.... let's hope this is the situation for the premium buyers...

Thanks for the feedback!

2. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I have asked on Twitter- I’m not keen to update until I know. If for any reason premium buyers get the same ads, I’d ask the devs to seriously consider the strategy of pissing off a group of people who actually paid them directly, so let’s hope it’s not the case! Bit weird not to mention it though....

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I had a quick go (I lost my saves when i had to reformat my phone a while back). Went through the first few battles, went to the menu, battle again etc. Didnt see any ad's at all and i had just updated.

Difficult one for the devs, obviously sales werent great so they had to do this. Saw it happen on that car game a few years back. Shame as its a classic old skool type of game, really like it

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sad to hear they had to switch to free to play, buti guess that doesnt bother me as much as i gave up on this one a whie back. Twas a fantastic run, until some bosses that require very, very specific setups to defeat came along, and that limits the supposedly flexible character development system.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ahhh see thats interesting to hear. I didnt get that far in it but was really enjoying it so i'll start again. Once i get to that point above which you mention i might give up. Still happy with what i bought, got such a wide variety of games on my phone - love it !

6. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    From the dev on their blog

“Hi! Yes, if you bought the game previously, you won't see any ads you don't choose to. The way the game is supported is by the option to watch a short video after a fight to double experience or gold, OR once per battle to revive. So if you choose to ignore these, which weren't in the original premium game, the experience won't change for you at all. :) We appreciate your support!”

Sadly that is a bit of a cop out, premium buyers don’t get a different experience :( my backlog is big, this is delete..

7. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #87 Intendro, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    The App Store description and update notes sound like "ads plus optional reward ads" for non-premium users...
    "With occasional video and optional reward ads..."

But the wording you quoted from their blog sounds like they just gave everyone optional video ads regardless...
    "The way the game is supported..."

:confused:

Well, even if previous buyers aren't getting anything special, at least this is much better than the games that go and change their difficulty into "freemium hard mode."

...I see that they've changed the update text to only say "optional reward ads." Okay.
    (I had to go to the app's page to see it changed. It was still the same in my list of app updates...)

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay after about 5 hours of playthrough I can say this is an amazing game and the nicest f2p system ever. No forced ads at all. The only ads are the ones you choose to boost your rewards. So basically I'm going through the game without seeing a single ad. Hats off to the devs, I do hope people that are into fast progress do watch ads to give them money though - as an rpg gamer this feels like I got the entire game for free. (Which is pretty much true)