Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Aaronius, nice match.
    There was a moment with heavy construct on the table that if youhad taken yet another one this game would have ended up the other way around.

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I still play this nearly every day, mostly single player, but sometimes with my son.

I really wish they would make the game remember the settings from the last game you created (between sessions, it does this if you play back to back). Having to set up opponents how I want every time gets a little bit old.

3. aelam

aelam Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    YES YES YES.

Having to choose portraits every time because I hate looking at the apprentice face is annoying.

4. aaronius80

aaronius80 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Legal/Enforcement
    Asia
    Our matches are always some of the most enjoyable ones I played.:) I know the game is yours when you took the Hedron Cannon. I was hoping that I could acquire that card before you or at least banish it.:p

5. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Funny! That is when I though I still had a chance. My win came few rounds after that when my cards started to kick in.

6. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    The server has gone down for quite some time today. Any chance it is something to do with the update?

Got beaten by the Orange AI, <10 points, for 5 games straight...

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I haven't been able to connect since last night. Game center connects, but when I try to go online it just sits at connecting to server. They sure have their server issues with this game. Oh well.

8. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Well, crunc, there was never ever a glitch till now .... but now it is a mega one.

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Actually this happened once before and it was days until it was back up. Before it happened this time I once again started getting old matches that kept reappearing and I had to keep forfeiting to get off the list, but then it came back again and again. The undead. I guess that might be a sign of imminent meltdown.

EDIT: let's hope they get the servers back up a lot sooner this time.

10. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Happened before?
    That it must have been either before I took it (few days after release) or when I was offline for a few days.

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Crunc, I see te same problem as you. I have old games reapearing after a few days.
    (not right now though....right now same as everyone else..can't get on the server)

12. Strangiato

Strangiato Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Before yesterday, there has never been a server outage of longer than a couple of hours.

Yesterday afternoon, there was a major power outage in all of San Diego county. 1.4 million businesses and residences were without power until this morning. We'll have the server available again by noon Pacific time.

13. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    This sounds horrible!!!! I mean the power outage.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Well, then, I guess I'm thinking of something else, or it just blew up bigger in my mind then it actually was. Very possible. :) I definitely remember the previous time, though, and when this happened it was definitely preceded by dead games coming back from the dead over and over. Then they fixed the server and the dead games also went away, but over the past week or so the dead games have risen again. In particular I keep getting a game (auto-match) that one player never took a turn in and so I forfeited to get out of it. I've now had to re-forfeit it about 10 times. Maybe more.

So obviously the current outage is due to the power outage, but there is certainly this issue with old games returning over and over. At least I've certainly been having that problem.

15. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I never had this dead games issue. I only have the issue of dead games because players have vanished .....

16. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Cool beans. You guys should be applauded for making an awesome game.

17. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Exactly! Not to mention setting difficulties on your opponents.

18. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    unable to engage other ppl with fresh new games and finish off remaining ones are a bummer but i do enjoy squaring off with the CPU for the moment.. ^^

19. Strangiato

Strangiato Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Server is back online now.

20. Franz

Franz Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Anyone knows what happened to the Ascension tournement thread? :confused:
    Am i doing something wrong or it simply vanished? :confused: