Ire - Blood Memory (DeS/DaS + MonsterHunter type A/RPG)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mwryu, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    #1 mwryu, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Hello fellow gamers and devs of TA! We just submitted our game today for review.
    Here is a preview of Ire.

Ire Blood Rage Teaser
    Ire First Boss Fight
    IndieDB

“As the sun sets upon prosperity, memory will fall
    Nightmare will raze the realms with her ire
    From its embers a champion will stand.”

Background:
    THE day of atonement is nigh. Memory has fallen and the world is broken.
    Hone your blades, name it, and kiss your beloved good-bye — you are marching into battle.
    Prepare to redeem the Corrupt and vanquish the agents of nightmare from the realm.
    Champion, find your Boon and reclaim Cadmeia from Kerr the Breaker.

Gameplay notes:
    - Welcome back to old school, DIY, hard A/RPGs.
    - This game requires a network to play.
    - This game is MFi Game Controller compatible.
    - We have brought to you some core combat mechanics of PC/Console games.
    - The three tenets to advancing in Ire are tactics, upgrades, and grit.
    - Know your foes, kite enemies, use your environment.
    - You will die a lot in this game.

800x475.png Ire 2015-04-15 14-07-10-07.jpg
    Ire 2015-04-15 14-09-47-88.jpg Ire 2015-04-15 14-05-21-98.jpg
    Ire 2015-04-15 14-30-59-25.jpg Ire 2015-04-15 13-42-47-23.jpg

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looks good. A Dark Souls-ish setting claiming a pseudo Monster Hunter type gameplay sounds really good. Definitely looking forward to how this turns out to be.

Curious of the payment model this is going to use.

MFi support is icing :)

3. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    I check the boss fight video and honestly I'm not impress. I look to me that u guys copy all the greatsword combo from MHFU, and to me that is not a good thing. Anyway, I'm also curious whether this game is freemium or premium.

4. Spock4Pres

Spock4Pres Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    I like it. I doubt it will be freemium, but you never know. I mainly concerned about the controls.

5. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I thought I was pretty negative, but these comments are making me blush, lol. Your game looks great and it's really cool to see a dark souls game approach on mobile. I'll make sure I pick this up.

6. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Looks good. Hopefully this one's premium

7. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Looks great supported devices?

8. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Looks like diablo

9. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    "- This game requires a network to play."

Don't think it's premium.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Aw crap... didnt catch that one.

11. zdkazz

zdkazz Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Yeah three types of currency if you watch the video

12. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Some of the animation especially the lance is very similar to Monster Hunters animation of the lance (there aren't too many way to fight with a lance after all). If this turns out to be a Monster Hunters w/IAP then I can see this game being very popular in the App Store (assuming it is well polished) but I do see a number of people turning it away and playing the real deal. Hard to say with such little gameplay.

13. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    - Welcome back to old school, DIY, hard A/RPGs.

:)

- This game is MFi Game Controller compatible.

:) :) :)

- Know your foes, kite enemies, use your environment.

:D:D

- You will die a lot in this game.

:eek::D:D:D:eek: !!!

- This game requires a network to play.

:( aaaand stopped caring. We all know where this leads. Another awesome idea ruined by greed and developer herd mentality. Good one, guys.

14. review-😁😡

Apr 28, 2015
    Me too, the only way you can get the devs to change this bad practice is with harsh reviews, and bad rating on the AppStore.
    I am not going to ignore this game.
    The concept is amazing, however internet connection required!!!!!!! No!!!!!! Please.
    I#####

15. deano13

deano13 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Will there be multiplayer?

16. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    #16 dudewelcome, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    Oh dang
    I'll just copy/paste my response to the article for this on the front page:
    "Bummed out about freemium but actually really looking forward to this one, the Monster Hunter and Souls titles are tied for my favorite game series ever. I HATE the menus and UI, wish the world were more connected and seamless rather than being presented by means of disjointed and bland-looking arenas, also not a huge fan of the level timer in the top-right, and I agree with whoever it was that the crows need to shove a cork into their dumb beaks, but the combat looks awesome, judging from Tenbirds' Youtube channel's videos, and I've wanted to see this done or at least attempted for a very, very long time now. Really is a shame about the pay model- if it were a $20 premium title, I'd hand over a wad of cash in a second, but if the IAPs do anything aside from remove ads, I won't ever be touching them."

But yeah, really lookin' forward to it! I've got a couple MH/DS-fan friends of mine that I play MHFU with quite a bit psyched for it too :)
    It'll definitely be flawed, especially in terms of internet connection and IAPs, but really lookin' forward to it regardless!
    I also posted about it on /r/iosgaming.
    Best of luck!

17. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    Thank you for the question. We toyed around with the idea and even made a prototype, but we are leaving multiplayer out for this one. We felt it was more important to focus our energy and resources on tight combat mechanics for this build.

18. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    TL;DR
    1. A little bit about Tenbirds.
    2. Feedback to comments:
    - Premium: no
    - IAP: yes
    - Devices: iOS (iPhone 5 and up), Android (KitKat 4.4.2 and up. CM/custom mods have issues).
    - Network: yes
    - Multiplayer: no

--
    Hello, everyone. This is OP.

Firstly, I really appreciate the replies. Time is a precious thing for everyone, and I am grateful that you took the time to take a gander at my post. I wanted to reply earlier, but I needed to take a step back and process.

Please allow me to tell you a little bit about us before the game. Apologies if I seem inarticulate. I am always a little unsure of my footing for the English language.

Tenbirds is a fledgling independent development studio and Ire is our first game. We started in February 2014 with 4ppl. New people are moving in, and that will bring our production to 9ppl. Tenbirds is still looking for an awesome UI/UX designer. We received no institutional investment up to now, just money out of our own pockets. We are also cautious about major publishers, though they offered large tasty chunks of cash. The vast majority of the companies that we met for publishing/investments wanted to acquire us and make us just port their IP, put in gameplay autopilot, IPA at every user action point (quintuple what we have right now), and put in interstitial ads in many of the intervals. We're not against ads and such, but it just didn't work with the flow of getting directly into combat.

We stayed away from the above the best we knew how. We can't say we know everything. That is where you and our previous testers come in. Our testers have been chipping in from the start. For example, the UI: We think we can make it a lot better, and are working on it internally. But, the cool thing is some of our testers feel they can do better. Several are sending us UI concepts, all overseas testers we don't know. Someone wants to help us with branding. That's amazing! These are all things we need. "Keep them coming, please and thank you." We're excited, and frankly a bit scared, that there are people out there as excited, and we want to make something worthy of your time. After all, we are gamers too!

We love showing up for work to make games. This is a dream come true. No it's not perfect, but Ire is that passion appified, gamified, and amplified. And we will stick to it, for better or for worse. We don't expect the path to be all flowers and sunshine, and it never was. Still isn't. One step at a time, right?

So that is a little bit about us. Back to the game.

Yes, we referenced a lot of DeS/DaS/MH, especially tight combat and controls. These are games we love! I've personally logged in more than 8000hrs on DaS. My colleagues won't let me play Bloodborne! You know, priorities. We wanted to bring a small part of that delicious experience to mobile, but we haven't met a large publisher-developer willing doing it [with us]. We will cite where we got clues from, not for sensationalism or to attract attention, but because we respect and revere them. And if you play Ire you will find that we've digested what was learnt and felt from superior games and interpreted things in our own way. We pay homage to our forerunners, our sunbaes. We also have to thank the people that we bought Unity Assets from.

We are all about games. But games don't make themselves. We need people who are interested in the game to be in the fold from Day1, much like some of our testers, and perhaps you. "One of us! One of us!" It's not as demanding as it sounds. I'm just saying what you say or do counts. Our gamers are part of us and solutions down the road. Look at the mobile game industry as a whole. I mean, many of you do agree that it could use a swift kick in the behind to shake things up. There are some things we had to stick to, until there are better ways of getting stuff done. So to answer some of the questions:

- Premium: Idea was swiftly crushed. "No one knows us, no one knows enough to care." That is a fact. Having a price point is a huge hurdle. That is a fact as well. The game is free to download. We wanted to get as many people to jump off the fences as possible. Give it a chance and decide.
    - Monetization: Yes, there will be IPA, but most of you are not going to need it anyway if you utilize Challenges well. We blocked billing from our scheduled rollout and tested the balance to see how that affected gaming, and also between testers who had used IPA. We were thought of a Donation button but realized that it would be silly not to give you something for donations. We're not going to call it something it's not. Our rev model is exactly that: Microtransactions, In-App Purchases. /u/Spock4Pres, /u/Based Xatu called it.
    - Supported devices: iOS (iPhone 5 and up) & Android (KitKat 4.4.2 and up. Won't run with CM12.1.)
    - Network: Yes. 3G/LTE/Wi-Fi. You won't be using a lot of data, but still check your data plan.
    - Multiplayer: Not at this time. If things go well... This is up for debate, because we already have a Player Vs. Player AI mode. Again, this depends on a lot of things.
    - /u/dudewelcome: I see you removed your post. Thanks for posting. Reddit is a hard place to post.

Again, thank you all for checking this post out. Words cannot describe my gratitude. Have a great Labor Day and enjoy your weekends. DM me if you have any further questions! Cheers!

19. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Oh no, I realized I'd somehow forgotten to include the title of the game in my first post so I scrapped that one and made another, updated the link too

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Nice to see the developers dropping by ;)
    Thanks for taking the time to tell about yourself and answer questions, very much appreciated.

Your game looks good, definitely interested.
    I understand why you do it, but still: network connection for singleplayer is ... not so good. Personally, I'd take another long hard look if you can't do without.

Not directly related to the game:
    You folks should setup your own homepage at some point. Currently it's pretty hard to find you. "Ten Birds" apparently is a pretty popular children's book, and birds with interesting hairdo also clock in before you do (got a good chuckle out of those, so there ;) ) .

Best of luck, looking forward to release.