Would you play this game on iOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by EZ Ice, Jul 31, 2013.

1. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Tropical Island Pirate Hangout
    I'm currently developing this game and am considering an iOS port.

It's a Zombie Survival game with a retro art style. See how long you can survive in a Zombie infested area. Search all buildings inside and out, finding items that will help you kill zombies and survive longer.

There are weapons, health items, tools and even vehicles!

Here's the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfbdszh_O4Q

-hope this is where to post this type of question...

2. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Love the art style.

Yes, I would definitely play it, but you should use twin-stick controls, not some drag and tap system. Tap's fine on the menu, but not for the gameplay.

Is it all one big world or is it divided into linear stages?

3. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Ya I would play it, but like the guy above me said, please no drag system. I don't mind tapping to pick up items though.

In my opinion, virtual sticks would be better than dragging.

Good luck :)

4. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Thanks! It is currently one big world. Seems more fun this way. There's a lot of exploration.

5. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    That's what I was hoping. Hope you have it out soon.

6. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013

Any chance this will run on ipod 4?

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    The game trailer impressed me mightily! I would love to see this game on iOS as soon as you can port it, and would definitely be interested. I love the pixel art graphics, the open nature of it, and the screen proportions, too. Yes! :)

8. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Oh, now that I look at the vid again, it looks like you shoot where you are pointed, so I shouldn't have said twin-stick, but the right corner should have a shoot/interact button or something.

9. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Thanks!

10. Teknos

Teknos Member

Jul 30, 2013
    F/T Software Test Engineer, P/T Freelance Mobile A
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Looks sweet man, love zombies!

11. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Wow, just wow, look like top down GTA + Resident Evil. Love this one.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    This looks great !

I agree with the other posters, if this was a twin stick shooter it would be brilliant, please no 'tap to move' controls. (Or a choice of controls)

Love the thought of a big open world to explore, makes it quite different from the usual 'kill zombies to get through a short level' over and over.

Love the graphics and look of it. Looking forward to this one already ! Hope you have a twitter account i can follow the progress of this game with

13. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    That zombie at the end was UNNECESSARY!

[​IMG]

14. Creat1v

Creat1v Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    THAT! Nevermind, the game looks great actually. I wouldnt buy it without twin stick controll tho'.

In which state is the game right now?

15. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013
    Any chance this will work on iPod touch 4?

16. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #16 Primoz, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    Since this is a survival game, I doubt you will have tons of ammo... I imagine (and hope) you'll have to pretty resourceful with it. And that's why the dual stick controls would be terrible, a terrible option for this game.

Any of you played Organ Trail? The game would be unplayable with dual stick controls. The men who wear many hats (the developers) made excellent tap to move, drag to shoot controls as they feel very realistic and are the most precise. Some people didn't like the drag to shoot controls, but the devs refused to make dual stick controls, because they are aware that it wouldn't work.

Let the developer decide what controls are the best.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    He says after posting a long post about the controls he prefers!

I would prefer the dev listens to the majority or at least offer diff control schemes.

18. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    As I clarified, it looks like you only shoot the direction you're facing, so it would just be a button. That would have been easier than the slingshot control in Organ Trail too, with or without limited ammo. The main issue is having a true 360 virtual D-pad rather than tap and drag. Also, this looks more exploratory whereas Organ Trail, like Oregon Trail, is a study in how easy it is to die in either respective scenario.

19. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I like how it looks and would probably buy and play it yes. To make it perfect, for me personally, would be the addition of RPG mechanics, level ups and skill choices, and many many side quests. I know that's now how it appears to be going but its my opinion that that would be absolutely brilliant and add much more replayability.

20. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    This is a survival game, and there is limited ammo, etc. Although I do like the idea of virtual d-pad for movement, I don't think it will work for shooting. Since it isn't like minigore or those type of 'unlimited' shooting games. Maybe fire/interact buttons will work. I'll have to try it and see what works best. Thanks for the comments everyone!