Wolfenstein RPG - Not on App Store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sweeneyish, Apr 12, 2013.

1. sweeneyish

sweeneyish Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Opera Singer
    Toronto
    Hey there,

I can't seem to find Wolfenstein RPG on the App Store - does anyone know if it has been removed? Or maybe it's not available in Canada. In any case, I can't seem to find it!

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #2 undeadcow, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    You can look up removed games by google searching them and app shopper. You are correct that Wolfenstein RPG is not on App Store. Doom II RPG is still avaliable and has a similar style if that interests you.

Hopefully Wolfenstein RPG comes back. Since Wolfenstein RPG was published by Electronic Arts instead of ID Softward maybe it has something to do with with the rights to Wolfenstein not being licensed to EA anymore; I'm not sure who owns copyright over Wolfenstein but think it's ID Software. If that's the case hopefully we will just see ID Software republish it since ID Software still has all their previous iOS games still avaliable.

Link to App Shopper information: http://appshopper.com/games/wolfenstein-rpg

3. sweeneyish

sweeneyish Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Opera Singer
    Toronto
    Thanks for that (and for the link)! I'm playing Doom II RPG now. It's really fun! I wonder why Wolfenstein RPG was taken down. That's too bad. Hopefully they put it back up!

4. sweeneyish

sweeneyish Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Opera Singer
    Toronto
    Whoops, missed your explanation there. That makes total sense. Hopefully id can just republish under their name now. I guess we can only wait and see!

5. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    There are a number of other quality turn based first person world exploration games like The Quest Gold, QuestLord, Undercroft, etc that you might consider after Doom II RPG.

6. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Can anyone confirm if Doom II rpg would work on an iPod touch 1st gen? Weird question, I know, but it's my only iPod touch. Thanks! (It says it only requires iOS 2 but can't be sure)

7. sweeneyish

sweeneyish Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Opera Singer
    Toronto
    @undeadcow Thanks for the heads up! I'll add them to the list.

8. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    @PocketNova

This is the kind of game that ought to work on that device. If it doesn't however, Apple will give you a refund. If they offer the product on the app store and you have the ability to purchase and download but not play it they give you yo money back. Takes like a week or two though

9. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Screw the rights. What ever happened to the rights of customers to own what they bought? Effing A.

Apple did no favors by pulling their OWN blackjack game from the store.

10. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks for the info!

11. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    A simple answer to this would be if you pull an app from the store you issue a refund. Right now they essentially have the right to steal what you bought. Call it what you want, justify it how you want, but at the end of the day when you take back what someone paid for its called stealing and it's a crappy way to treat customers. But hey ethics went out the window along time ago in this country so whatever...

12. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    yeah it sucks, they have the rights and your just borrowing it and never owning it. always good to backup all you top games or may have to have one idevice jb to get some of your apps back on.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I thought iTunes backs up your apps automatically? Thought everyone did that but obviously not

Always back them up specially Gridlee/Mame etc!

14. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Wolfenstein RPG is definitely not avaliable for public download on PP store; but I just downloaded it from my purchase history (accessible in App Store from Upgrades section). I had heard that was possible but it's a pain to navigate so having now tested it I can say Apple does let users keep apps even if they seemingly disappeared from App Store and have been deleted from device... for what it's worth.

15. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Edit : made a mistake - post removed.

I hope it shows up again. I want to play it again !

16. sweeneyish

sweeneyish Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Opera Singer
    Toronto
    Hey @undeadcow, if you were to pick between The Quest Gold and Quest Lord, which you would pick first? I love the art style of The Quest Gold, and it looks like a huge game, but Quest Lord is a universal app, which makes it appealing as well. I suppose I could just get both...

17. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #17 undeadcow, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    QuestLord is probably a better introduction if you're newer to this style and a shorter, more self contained, game. The Quest Gold will keep coming until your device gives out (and has a head spinning amount of expansions); not great on iPad 2x. The Quest has a larger more open world feel while QuestLord, while nonlinear, has mazelime labytrinths everywhere. You can't go wrong with either on - QuestLord is slightly more "casual"/accessible and The Quest will engulf you. Let us know which you decide and how you find them. These are some of my favorite games so there are links to the discussion threads in my signature if you want to read up more.

18. sweeneyish

sweeneyish Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Opera Singer
    Toronto
    Thanks for that run down! Definitely a tough choice. I tend to game on my iPad more than my iPhone so I'm leaning towards QuestLord. I can always get that first, and if I love it, graduate to The Quest: Gold. Still see sawing though. Anyways, thanks for your input!

19. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Both great games. You might want to check out Tumulus of Fen too. I really like that one, but it needs to patch in button controls as swiping is tiring.

I am not the developer...

20. sweeneyish

sweeneyish Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Opera Singer
    Toronto
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! I decided to splurge and get both Questlord and The Quest:Gold. Loving them both! I think I'll be occupied for quite awhile.