TA Forums Game of the Week! (May 1st)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, May 3, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of May 1st?

Poll closed May 9, 2013.
  1. Sorcery!

18.3%
  2. Star Command

18.3%
  3. Zoombies: Animales de la Muerte!

7.3%
  4. Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy

6.1%
  5. Survivalcraft

41.5%
  6. Paper Titans

1.2%
  7. ASCII Shooter

2.4%
  8. Dark Avenger

1.2%
  9. Ninja Striker!

2.4%
  10. Stick Stunt Biker 2

1.2%
  1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yes :p

2. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Go Survivalcraft :D

3. Congrats survivalcraft.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Picked up SurvivalCraft coz of the poll result. Still not my thing, but i did like it in more ways than i did like the other similar games that i have played.

5. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    When's the new nomination thread coming?

6. Attached Files:

7. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Did you get daddy was a thief? it looks a bit repetitive so I held off but I'd still like to hear impressions.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm not into Mincecraft but my kids are big time. Might have to give SurvivalCraft a shot myself.

9. I have both Impossible mission and daddy was a thief.

Both have for the most part pretty good impressions on the threads. Watching youtubes, made me excited to get impossible mission because it looks like a game that is just made perfectly for hdmi tv. However, the difficulty problems expressed by some gamers concerned me.

It is like super hexagon, really hard. There are some control issues too, it would be a perfect game if the controls were a little smoother. But man, the concept, style, and fun are all there. I really like the game, and really look forward to seeing it on tv tonight.

Would definitely highly recommend it. I think maybe on an update they will probably fine tune the controls a bit to make it a little easier to control. But even without it, it just takes a little getting used to, and you will get the hang of it.

Daddy's, I was curious about too, cause I have interacted with the developer before for Crumble zone. Since I play on hdmi, with my ipad all over the place, I wanted moveable controls. The dev worked with me twice to increase the button zones, which basically did the same thing. So I liked the dev cause he was kind to me.

Just like when I entered the Daddy's thread, I asked him if he could add icade joystick support to Daddy's and crumble zone. I was so happy to hear, that he said he will try his best to add icade control to crumble zone, it would be perfect, cause it is such a great hdmi tv game.

I'm still trying to get him to put icade into daddys but anyway, my impressions. Great ios style of game, easy controls, great and simple graphics, great humour, and a difffereent style of game.

Being in portrait mode kinda turns me off a little cause I play most all my games on tv, but I wanted to support this dev cause he is cool. There is a slight repetition factor after awhile that some of us are trying to raise in the thread, but I feel confident that he will add a little more variety in the future updates, he has been very receptive to our past comments, and I really like how he is going to try to put icade into crumble zone.

So yes, I would highly recommend both. Now, if money is tight and one had to choose impossible mission or daddys? Well, that is an interesting question. I think it would tend to rest on ones style or how they play.

I would probably favor impossible road, cause it will play great on tv, is a great motion game which I like, landscape mode, easy controls, and I think they will make the controls more forgiving in a future update. It could be a very frustrating game for newbies though.

Daddys, the dev is way cool, he will update the game for the better at some point, there is great humour, touch controls work well, makes for a great ios game, and it is pretty original in style.

Bottom line, I highly recommend both.

Attached Files:

10. Just bought bellyfish too, it is outstanding! Wow, three great games so far, they all are cool ios games. So last week was a little disappointing for me, but this week so far, is cool! Impossible road, daddys a thief, and bellyfish are all cool quirky ios games that are well suited for ios. Recommend them all.

Attached Files:

11. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    What happened to the game of the week thread this week?

12. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #113 TheFrost, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
  13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    The winners from last week are, from what I gathered (and with help now :))

1st: SurvivalCraft
    2nd: Star Command
    3rd: Sorcery!

Congratulations to all the winners!

14. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Never mind, saw the explanation on a different thread. :p