Running Quest : Endless Runner / Action-RPG Hybrid. A runner w/ meat on it's bones!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Stingman, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Stingman

Stingman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    #1 Stingman, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Selosoft is please to introduce "Running Quest," an Endless Runner / Action-RPG Hybrid. My name is Sterling and I am the creator/developer behind the game and my goal was to create an endless runner with some depth by mixing in several elements of RPG games. There is a unique battle system, level-up system, armor, weapon and ability upgrade system and dozens of enemies, obstacles and challenges.

The purpose of the game centers around improving your character. You will gain XP and coin by killing enemies. As you level up you can buy new armor sets, weapons, abilities etc with the coin you earn, but you must be of certain level to use those upgraded pieces. The better your character becomes the longer you can survive, and the more you can see and experience in the game.

There are 4 different stats in the game:
    Hit Points, Power, Damage, and Thievery. All stats are relevant to different aspects of the game and can be increased as you level up and upgrade your character.

The game plays a lot like Temple Run 2, with winding paths and elevation changes, but definitely has its own feel as it's very combat heavy.

"Running Quest" is inspired by several of my favorite RPG's including Elder Scrolls, Everquest, Final Fantasy and Baldur's Gate.

There are 4 worlds in the game: each with their own look, enemies and challenges.

FEATURES:

* 2 playable characters : A male warrior and female scout

* Level up your character and collect all armor sets, weapons and abilities

* Run through 4 different fantasy-themed worlds filled with dragons, goblins, clockworks and more!

* Post your high scores to Game Center and Facebook

* Earn rewards for completing special challenges and earn nearly 50 achievements in Game Center

* Unique one-touch battle system

* Upgrade your stats and improve your character so you can survive longer and earn higher scores

* A unique and challenging boss fight unlike anything you've experienced in an endless runner

* Dozens of different enemies and obstacles

* Beautiful high resolution graphics

* Heart-pounding battle-theme music

* Adjust in-game volume as well as tilt sensitivity for your device

* Save your progress across all devices with iCloud

Running Quest is a Universal app scheduled for release on February 27, 2014.

Running Quest is compatible with the following devices :
    iPhone4s, iPhone5, iPhone5c, iPhone5s, iPod touch 5th Generation, iPad2, iPad with Retina Display, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina Display. Running Quest is not compatible with devices other than those listed above.

Be sure to like Running Quest on Facebook too : http://www.facebook.com/runningquestgame

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    This looks amazing.. insta-buy when it comes out :)
    I hope there will be a game center integration?

3. Rejera

Rejera Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Looks awesome. Finally someone gets that the fun thing about endless... anything, is upgrading your character. Backgrounds also look better than any endless runner I've seen. Keep up the good work and can't wait to finally play an endless runner with depth.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow... this looks really good.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Tried Blood Roofs yet? I think you'll like it.

6. stormyspop1

stormyspop1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Looks really awesome. I'll check this out for sure once it's released.

7. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Features

Yes there will be game center integration and loads of challenges you can gain achievements for. You will also earn rewards for completing the in-game challenges.

In case anyone is wondering it's also iCloud enabled.

8. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    It's amazing. Will keep my eyes on this game!

9. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    New Screenshots

Posted some new screenshots of some in-game action as well as some of the UI.

10. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    LOVE the look of this! So the big question is, how long do I have to wait before it's in my dirty little hands?

11. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Release Date

Hey NOEN,

There is no definitive release date yet. All I can say is that I'm working day in/day out on the game and my goal is to release it by March of 2014.

12. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Release Date

Running Quest will be available in February of 2014. I haven't yet narrowed down the exact date, but it will be released in February. More details on some cool features to come in a few days.

13. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    A couple more Screenshots

Just a couple more screenshots. Just added some grass hills to Clockwork Land (the third world of the game). Also added a Clockwork Spider to the game. Should have some shots from the boss fight soon. It's shaping up pretty nice :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Looks promising :) I'll keep my eye on it

15. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    The Antagonist

Here is a screenshot of the main antagonist. He's a gnome rogue named Nimus. An evil little trickster that has quite an attitude. You will definitely want to slash him up every chance you get! :)

[​IMG]

16. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Main Character Starting Armor

Here is a screenshot of the main character's starting armor sets. There are multiple sets of armor that each player can obtain through the game. Each armor set is upgradable to different tiers, thus improving your stats.

[​IMG]

17. MegalodonMatt

MegalodonMatt Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Co-Founder / Producer at Megalodon Interactive (ww
    Vancouver, BC
    Looks much cooler than the Temple Run variations coming out lately. Can't wait!

18. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    #18 Stingman, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Language Additions!

I am writing to confirm that Running Quest will be released in English, Chinese and Japanese. I'm also considering Spanish. If there is anyone reading this I'd be interested in hearing of other language suggestions and if anyone is interested in working to help translate to other popular languages such as German, Italian, French etc, please email me. I am interested in hearing from avid gamers with good language skills.

[email protected]

Thanks guys, more info coming soon! I'll be releasing some new video soon too!

19. Stingman

Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Facebook

We've created a Facebook page for the game. There isn't much up there right now but if you are interested in the game please like it on Facebook. We are currently integrating social aspects to the game right now. I will continue to update this forum thread but post-release our Facebook page will be used for promotions, updates and info. I look forward to seeing you there!

Http://www.facebook.com/runningquestgame

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Cool! I'm looking forward to the video!