Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-25-2012, 10:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Rivi View Post
Hi Marcus

I just added the option to play on different sized maps (random and default). I need to do some more regression testing but, if all goes well, I should submit it to Apple tomorrow and it should be up in a week or two. The player will have the option of 10x10, 20X20 (current size), 30x30 and 40x40 (all sizes in hexes). Although it does not make up for the lack of campaign, it should add some more spice until I can get multi player in. I tried 60x60, but the AI turns were taking too long on older equipment and I wanted to get something out quickly rather than re-optimizing code :-)

Happy gaming.

Stephen

www.rivisoft.com
Thanks for deciding to add smaller and especially larger map sizes. It's unfortunate that the 60 by 60 maps were taking the AI too long on older devices, as I was going to suggest maybe adding a third AI player, to really large maps, for even more variety.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:07 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Hi Marcus

Multiple opponents were in my original requirements, and most of my code supports it, so, now that we have larger maps I will see if I can get it in. I often play a game called Kohan (PC) against multiple computer AIs, and it is a blast, so I appreciate the need/desire.

Although 40x40 still does not sound like much, it is 1600 hexes compared to the 400 of the 20x20, so plenty of room for an additional opponent or two :-)

The map testing seems to be fine, with a small non critical issues with zooming on iPhones in certain locations and map sizes (i.e. sometimes zoom will zoom you to darkness as it missed the math a little on the true center). I do not think this is a stopper, however, as unzoom brings you back correctly and I think zoom is used less frequently than the additional map sizes will be. I will see if I can create a better zoom less dependent on map size though.

Thanks

Stephen
Old 02-02-2012, 10:56 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Hi all

Just wanted to let everyone know that 1.02 with selectable map sizes was approved by Apple last night, and should be on the app stores now or sometime today (depending on the store).

Happy gaming

Stephen
Old 02-25-2012, 10:31 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Whens multi coming? Fun game tho
Old 02-28-2012, 03:36 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Hi bazookaboy

Thanks for the interest, and I am glad you are enjoying the game.

I am currently closing out a non game project, and when that is finished I am going to dive back into Divine Right. There are a number of things I want to change/investigate including multiplayer, multi opponents and improved AI pathfinding as well as some useability issues like better instructions/tutorial, larger buttons and more. I think there will be a number of additional patches to cover these and I expect they will begin to arrive in a month or two (assuming I do not run into serious delays with the current project).

Thanks for purchasing Divine Right and happy gaming!

Stephen
Old 03-27-2012, 02:43 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Price drop to $0.99
Old 03-27-2012, 03:10 PM
iPad

Anyone playing this game?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:40 AM

The game looks promising but it doesn't seem to have any campaign mode for single player. Randomly generated map battles is not a very compelling single player experience. I think it really needs some campaigns for single player if it doesn't have them included.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:37 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Price dropped to 99 cents today. Here is a video from the developer, showing some gameplay:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-12-2014, 04:08 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default Divine Right 1.06

Hi Guys

I am the developer of Divine Right, and just wanted to let you know that version 1.06 has been released.

This version adds our most requested new features- finger scrollable map to ease navigation, battle reports to let you know what happens during the computer turns, and auto save game so that games can be restarted after shutting down your device. It also has been updated for iOS 7, has some new graphics and various other tweaks.

Check it out if you like strategy/ war games. I think the new changes really improve the game already rated 4 1/2 stars. It can be found on the Apple App Store here.

Thanks

Stephen
http://www.rivisoft.com

Some images...

BattleNewsmini.png

Battlepadpadmini.png

CastleDetailpadmini.png

Recruitpadmini.png

Statspadmini.png