Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-27-2014, 08:32 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStrategyFootball View Post
Yep, you can have multiple asynchronous matches going! The only thing I hate is that Game Center changed and doesn't display the message I post in each game when showing you the list of matches, meaning you can only see who you're playing (what person), not the teams, score, time, etc. I really hope to get off GC onto a different platform after I convert PSF to Android.

But definitely! I've had several games going on at once, sometimes taking several days to play! WARNING!! It can get confusing switching quickly between matches, because you can be in the first quarter in one match and in the last minutes of the game in another match. I've neglected the clock that way!

Yes and no. Casual Mode and Season Mode will be there, but not career yet. I'm going to work on having a Career demo ready, just scrambling. We had a minor mishap at home today, so I lost most of today, but I'm going to stay up late working on it. I'm working on cleaning up the last parts of Casual Play right now, in fact.

I hope that helps, and thanks for your support!
That does help, thanks! I can see that getting confusing, if you have multiple games going and can't see any details of the match. Totally looking forward to Casual and Season mode for the release I was looking at the screenshots of the UI from PSF2013 and the new UI, and it looks like a great change. I'm ready for some football!

- greenleaf
Old 09-27-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStrategyFootball View Post
I hope starting TE is ok?
That's awesome! Thanks!
Old 09-27-2014, 01:08 PM

Hey, BTW, what's your Game Center name? Would love to catch a TD pass, maybe a TE fade route, against you when it's released! 😜
Old 09-27-2014, 11:54 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenleaf View Post
I have no idea how you (and other developers) work on apps so much, in addition to your regular jobs and families. I'm in school and work and have a family so I get being busy, but it's really awesome how much effort you (and I'm also thinking of Toonuva Games who are making The Wild) put into a "side project" like this. I guess it's similar to any other hobby, that if you love it you make time for it. Anyway, all that to say that I really appreciate it and I can't tell you how pumped my wife and I were (she even talked to her family about it) when I told her my name may be in this football iphone game. I have always been a Dallas fan, being from Dallas. My wife and her family are from Houston, so that is something we have had to work through Now, I find myself routing for the Texans a lot because I have been able to go to the games occasionally and get to know the players. So, it's cool to see the love of football (particularly, your game) really connect people.

Side note: This is an actual conversation my wife and I had a few months ago. Me being a Dallas fan, she being a Texans fan.

Me: I think it's okay for us to cheer for each others' teams when they are on.
Wife: Yeah, except when they are playing each other. Like, I will cheer for Dallas, except when they are playing Houston. I have to go for Houston.
Me: Totally, and I will cheer for Houston, except when they are playing Dallas.
Wife: YOU WOULD CHEER AGAINST HOUSTON?! (yes, she actually spoke in all caps)

Oh marriage...I have another question or two, which I hope won't distract you from this productive weekend. In multiplayer, is the player (me) able to have multiple multiplayer games open at one time? And if so, will it be asynchronous? Also, I wonder if we could organize on here some kind of Touch Arcade Playoffs down the road? Similar to what Pocket Tactics does fairly often for different games. We could have a bracket, or multiple, pair people up to play each other, and then they can report back with who one. May be fun to keep up with, even if I will get knocked out early

Okay, last question for now, Casual Mode and Season Mode will be there at launch? At least if Career Mode isn't, it would be fun and keep me occupied on improving my team throughout a year until Career comes out. Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulEd7 View Post
Hey, BTW, what's your Game Center name? Would love to catch a TD pass, maybe a TE fade route, against you when it's released! 😜
It's just "Kerry Batts" - dang, I should have thought of something better than that! Maybe "PSF" or something, LOL! Ah, well.

Ok, testing is good, but to be honest, I still think the play resolution and ratings need tweaking, but maybe I should just get it out there and hear back from users. The engineer in me would never release it, which is bad!

Heading to bed, I'll let you know more tomorrow.
Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Did everything go okay with tweaking/submitting the app this weekend?

- greenleaf

Last edited by greenleaf; Yesterday at 10:26 AM.. Reason: misspelled name