iPad PMH(Pocket Monster Hunter)()

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lv1cc, May 12, 2012.

1. lv1cc

lv1cc Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    #1 lv1cc, May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
    Pocket Mainland, a piece of land which is inhabited by many magical monsters.They have various forms and superior abilities. The biggest dream of hunters is to find all the monsters and tame them. Having just graduated from Hunter Colleage, to fulfill your dream of becoming the strongest hunter,you come to the holy land for hunting,Meowmeow Village, with the cat servant and also full of hope.

[​IMG]

iTunes Link:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pmh/id521925650?ls=1&mt=8

2. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    The character art and names seem vaguely familiar to me, somehow. Some sort of popular TCG/anime/game/movie's IP? :rolleyes:

3. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    Trash......

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... And I thought it was a Monster Hunter Clone.

5. eAdvisory

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    1.99 for a copied mess? i mean seriously.. why are some people so lazy to come up with their own ideas.

6. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Pocket Monster Hunter. Pokemon x Monster Hunter. :D

Pocket Monster is the Japanese name of Pokemon
    Monster Hunter, I think you guys knows what this game is already lol.

7. Byakuran

Byakuran Active Member

Apr 14, 2012
    well, i can see something pikachu-like, piplup-like, and charmander-like in one of those pics. LOL

8. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Another example showing Apple review team's complete ignorance of copyright laws or the Pokemon franchise.

9. Con

Con Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    To be completely fair, I believe Apple's rules are to let IPs through, and then have the owner of the IP contest it -- otherwise there would be too many resources spent figuring out if something belongs to an IP, if it was done with permission, etc.

That said, it really is surprising some of the stuff they've let through, such as blatant ripoffs and non-working games. :\

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Actually, it shows the Apple review team's perfect understanding of copyright law and how to avoid liability for copyright infringements in the App Store.

Go to Amazon and search for the Hunger Games. Have fun digging through all the unauthorized "sequels," the unrelated books with nearly identical titles (on purpose) and so on. Copycats get removed only if the copyright holders issues a formal complaint. Sellers take no legal responsibility for the legality of the content.

No offense, gunxsword, but the fact that anyone thinks that a multi-billion dollar company (with a cadre of some of the most expensive lawyers in the world) wouldn't "understand" copyright is simply baffling.

11. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    #11 gunxsword, May 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
    Apple App Store review guideline
    8.5: Use of protected 3rd party material (trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, otherwise proprietary content) requires a documented rights check which must be provided upon request.
    Bull...

By using your logic:

1. Apple has 'perfect understanding' of copyright laws. They are fully aware of OCCILA, the protection it gives to online service providers against direct copyright infringements and the requirements set out in the Act.
    2. "the fact that anyone thinks that a multi-billion dollar company", or the content holders of the Pokemon, AND Monster Hunter franchise, does not know the existence of the Apple App Store and does not red flag their contents and notice Apple of infringements in their system (the App Store) is equally baffling.

Henceforth, Pokemon & MH content holders red flagged their content from the App Store so Apple must systematically remove all infringing content.

12. SilentNoise

SilentNoise New Member

May 9, 2012
    Very poor job not taking offense gunxsword.

It's obvious Apple has a Pokemon focused app reviewer going through every app for copyright issues. They also have a special reviewer connected to every IP created that individually has to go through every app.

That being said I too am disappointed that Apple's Pokemon reviewer, Nintendo reviewer, or Gameboy reviewer were not able to catch this.

Also, I think this forum would be better used betting on how long this app survives in the store.

13. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    the real question is, is this a real game, or just pictures and an app that crashes right away?

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #14 squarezero, May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
    For the life of me I'm trying to understand what you are trying to say here and I can't. You claim that a statement of the obvious ("Apple knows their legal rights and obligations better than some Internet armchair lawyer") is "bull..." but make no counter argument against it.

Next time, can the profanity and argue your point.

15. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
  16. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    App Icon is from a monster called "poring" in popular mmorpg ragnarok online.

17. Paradise

Paradise Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Netherlands
    In the Dutch AppStore people are saying that their account was hacked and the hacker downloaded the app (-the Chinese version, which is in the store for a while) with their accounts and bought all the IAP. Sounds weird, but a couple weeks ago the Chinese version was one of the top-grossing apps for a while..

18. Fujibayashi

Fujibayashi Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Japanese / Korean translator.
    Mililani, O'ahu, Hawai'i
    will anyone talk about actual gameplay please?

With all due respect, I'm personally not interested in whose IP is whose, or who is ripping off whom. I don't care if this is a carbon copy of POKEMON Black, the company never bothered to even change any of the characters' names, and Apple approved it to be on the app store.

So far as I can see, nobody in this thread has yet to actually comment on the gameplay: Are the pics in the screenshots just images that appear before the game crashes? Is it even a game, or a ripoff like all those USD $4.99 "HD" games that were actually just jigsaw puzzles and still pictures (yet they made themselves out to be intricate flight simulators, FPS, racing games etc in the game description)? Has anyone even downloaded this to *see* the gameplay?

What's the deal with the Dutch App Store "hacker" post above? I find it concerning - though very nebulously worded. Could that be rewritten a bit more explicitly to make a little more sense? Please, ladies and gentlemen, let's keep things related to the actual gameplay at hand. This thread so far has done nothing to provide information on actual gameplay or assist me in making some decision on getting the game for one of my daughters.

No offense meant to anyone - cheers and thanks.

19. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #19 Echoseven, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
    I'd say the reason no one has made any constructive posts is because no one is crazy enough to buy this. Me included.

Why are you even interested still? It's blatantly infringing on more than one franchise, which is already a great honkin' cross, it costs money + has IAP and there are potential reports of hacking. What else do you need to convince you to stay away?
    (Just curious)

20. eAdvisory

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    exactly... why would anyone waste 1.99 on this trash.....