Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Announced

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by simulated, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kbom

Kbom Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    i believe i agree with this, i don't wan't to se the shadow sun being a messi believe theres a good reason for the ossian studios have not showen any pictures yet, i'll give them the benefitt of the doubt, alan DID admit to announce the to early, but only doing so becouse of exitment of it. i still believe the game is on the way, an naiv as i am i believe it may be just around the corner!

2. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Are you guys still shooting for an end of the year release? Will we even see this game in 2012? Am I the only one that cares anymore? Did everyone at Ossian Studios take a vow of silence? Do I need to take a vow of silence? Ha!

3. Alan Miranda

Alan Miranda Well-Known Member

Hi Nuke77,

I’d respond but I've taken a vow of silence. ;)

Seriously though, we are still shooting for this year, and are currently in crunch.
    - Alan
    P.S. And before you ask, we know everyone is waiting for screenshots.

4. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    There is still reason to live! Thank God! Just kidding. Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear there is still a chance it'll be out this year. I'm seriously more excited about this than the end of the Mayan calandar.

5. slikaroo

slikaroo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    I remember how psyched I was for this LAST YEAR, I wouldn't hold my breath tho but I hope you get to release this soon enough. All the best.

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I remember how psyched I was for this the year before...

7. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    +1 this

8. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    What games would you say are being used as the main inspiration for this game?

9. Alan Miranda

Alan Miranda Well-Known Member

Hi Nuke77,

Our primary game inspirations for The Shadow Sun were Dragon Age Origins and The Witcher 2: Dragon Age for BioWare’s story-driven RPGs with intriguing characters and dialogues, and The Witcher 2 for its fast-paced action combat. It’s a good mix of fun from both the role-playing and gameplay angles. Unlike The Witcher, though, that uses the set character of Geralt, we allow players to create their own character (male or female, name, and other customizations).
    - Alan

10. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    I've honestly lost all hope for this title, same with Mineko: Spirit Hunter or whatever...
    But at least Mineko just kinda vanished, unlike this game which pops up from time to time to say they'll have something ready real soon! Then disappears until a few months later to repeat that.

You guys want an example of what you should've been doing? Look at Forgotten Memories, we've had screenshots and demonstrations of that game popping up constantly, and it looks AMAZING.
    Forgive us if after so much time, we're agitated by the many broken promises in this thread.

11. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    The developer has been responding on their site forum at ossianstudios.com

12. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Are there any screenies of this game?
    If not, what's with all the hype?

13. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    The huge development cycle, and the amount of times they've claimed to be "almost done" sort of implies that it won't be better though.
    It's been so long, that either they've started over on most assets to keep them "up to date" with newer devices...or they'll be using older assets so it'll just look significantly worse then the upcoming batch of games.

14. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#454 Sanuku, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    Where did they wrote that they are almost done? Over all those Years I have never ever heard from Alan that they are almost done at any Point when we had talked about the Game or it`s current State.

Don`t just throw up things that they aren`t true. Those Guys are more or less are working their Asses off to finally get it finished.

15. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    We've been promised updates and screenshots "soon" for over two years now I think, the publishing date has been put back twice and now there is none. I suspect that's what people are getting at.

I haven't given up on this game but I'm not really excited about it any more either, if it comes along and it's brilliant all the better, if it's mediocre I won't be disappointed.

16. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Yeah I haven't read that anywhere either. But the biggest problem with me and I'm sure some other people is that I don't really care at this point. If it turns out to be a good game, that's great, but I wont be excited to instabiy this on release nor will I be disappointed if it turns out bad. I don't expect them to give us all the info or anything, just wish thy would try and communicate with people who could potentially be customers, and maybe even a few screenies that were expected. And I'm not saying we're entitled To anything(which we really aren't), but just some info would be nice

17. Luke Scull

Luke Scull Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Game Designer & Author
    Warminster, UK
    Just a quick update: The Shadow Sun has been delayed slightly until early next year. We're currently finishing off sound production, but the main story and all sidequests are playable from start to finish and everything is looking very polished.

I'll be the first to admit our communication about the game has so far been pretty awful, but ignore mutterings of vapourware. The Shadow Sun will absolutely see the light of day soon, and I'll confidently predict it won't disappoint...

Have a great Christmas all ;)

18. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    And again no screenshots or any video at all.

19. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Any possibly of seeing a couple of new screen shots?? A video would be REALLY awesome, but I completely understand if you don't have time for that. Screen shots only take two seconds to upload, and we're all very anxious to see how your game has progressed!! :D

20. Luke Scull

Luke Scull Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Game Designer & Author
    Warminster, UK
    No. We need to get all our cards in order first. We're completely focused on finishing off all the remaining assets. Not necessarily the way I would have done things, but Alan is the project lead. Since we bungled our initial announcement, we want to get our next one (many years later) exactly right.

You won't need to wait much longer.