Dead Trigger 2 - (by MADFINGER Games, a.s.)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    So will I have to resort to PM spams to mods to right this injustice?!?

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Dead Trigger is a tech demo. A pretty one, but just a way to show off your graphical abilities, but that's it.

3. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I loved dead trigger but only for the graphics and the arena mode. I didn't play that long because it took way to long to earn enough to buy anything. If this one is structured the same way then count me out and I will never try it, free or not it will be a complete waste of time.

4. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Honestly when you think about it. Madfinger games are the best looking games on iOS. Your getting the game for free, so why not throw them a few bucks for iAP's to support the dev anyway. Most companies ( Gameloft) will charge a premium price for these types of games. Usually a minimum of 5 bucks. So you end up saving money anyway.

5. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Connector.... Ninjakid just gone and done it !!! Calling DT a tech demo.... Defense Squad unite :D

6. workingman

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    That's a good way of looking at it but with freemium games every IAP is usually set up to get you only to a certain point before you need to pay again or grind for a couple weeks. I don't believe that formula is going to change in my lifetime.
    I absolutely agree that madfingers games are the best looking but looks only last for so long

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    These fanboys :rolleyes:

Thats what every developer of a freemium game wants you to see. They didnt make the game for those people who cant afford games. They made it free because they want to reach a larger audience and thus potential costumers.

8. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #388 Johnny101, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Not a fanboy, get a clue:rolleyes:

Obviously if people are expecting these games to be free and be able to attain all the weapons easily. What motivation is it for them to buy any iAP's. Then they can get a premium game for nothing.

Do you honestly think that Madfinger can make games and not make any money?? lol. Of course they want to reach a wider audience and therefore make more money and potential sales.

That is why they made a game in the first place, to make money. They are a business and probably have family to support. So these noobs ( not referring to Workingman) that come on Touch arcade and complain that when a premium game is free ( fremium) and they can't attain a weapon so easily or level up quickly. I find that pathetic.

Supporting a good developer that makes great games such as Madfinger is the right thing to do.

I would never feel that I'm entitled to a free game with easily attainable weapons, Levelling up, etc...

Fanboy?? :rolleyes:lol

9. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    You said earlier: Buy IAPs to support the developer, because they made a great free game
    You say now: Buy IAPs because they are necessary, because its a free game.

Hm.

10. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    It's both, not too hard that figure that out. To support Madfinger because they do make great games and it is necessary because if no one paid for the iAP's, there wouldn't be a Madfinger Company. They would go bankrupt.

11. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #391 Primoz, Jan 18, 2013
    So you do admit they force you to support them, if you want to have an enjoyable experience with the game. Why are you trying to make it sound like: "hey, thats a great free game! I should give the developers money, because they are so great for giving as a free game!".

12. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #392 Johnny101, Jan 18, 2013

Man, you debate like you're 12 years old. ??

Do you realize that it costs money to make premium games on iOS?? Their recent games like Dead Trigger, Shadowgun Deadzone and the soon to be Dead Trigger 2 are premium games, that cost a lot of money to make and produce.

I just gave you the reason but I don't think you understand that in order for them to go on making great games, they do need to make money. Are they forcing you to buy iAP's.... no.

But if you want to see Madfinger make more games, updates, etc.... The right thing to do would be to buy iAP's to support them ( therefore, they make more money).

Do I think their games are great.... Yes.
    Do they need people to buy their iAP's in order for them to make more money ( thus, staying in business)..... Yes
    Are they forcing people to buy iAP's..... No

I don't know how to make it more clearer to you....

Honestly that is the problem with some gamers, their sense of entitlement.

" Hey Madfinger, make us a free game, and don't make it too hard, because I want to level up quickly and get the best weapons. How dare you try and make me work for it".... lol. What you want me to spend 2 bucks on a great game. Screw you guys"..... ( Sarcasm)

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    And yet... this is not what I was saying at all. My posts were replies to your statement and not against dead trigger or Madfinger. I do understand they need money. I was just saying that you should not sugarcoat everything.

14. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I wasn't sugarcoating anything.

What I said was accurate. They are a great company. They deserve support. They need money in order to survive in the iOS business. That is not sugarcoating. It's reality.

15. workingman

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Maybe they could make their premium freemium games premium? They won't because they are not premium, they are freemium. If they made such good games then those games would have a price tag

16. #396 Connector, Jan 18, 2013
    Yeah, well, you can see it's very civil in here, just interesting debates. Those Minigore groupies and haterz are the worst. They make Toucharcade look really bad. Unlike us, who show a lot of class and humour here. Except of course, that one guy, who always uses the term, I ❤, for everything... :p

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #398 JBRUU, Jan 18, 2013
    The Head Potentate can only take so many cutting remarks before he sends his goons in...you have been warned.

Yeah sure, they also cut out A5 devices from Shadowgun THD effects because...why? T3 got killed by the A5 in GPU benchmarks yet it didn't have full effects. It's called Tegra exclusive effects. I don't really buy it, especially seeing as there are much more impressive games graphically and technically than DT2's demo that run fine, and on the same engine too.

18. Yes, Mr. Head Proponent (as you seem to wish to be called),

You do have some valid statements that the Tegra may have indeed have been shown some favoritism while coding, but it is interesting that Madfinger chose to respond to your posts regarding the Tegra and Dead Trigger 2.

I kinda feel the two cpus are in the same ballpark, so honestly, its more the coding that matters at this point. Case in point is the difference in games now between the ipad 3/4. Even though benchmarks are showing twice the performance, there is very little difference in many games right now. Maybe only a slight difference in framerates or special effects. So coding is the most important thing, will developers push the processors to the limit?

What I am curious about is how good will the top devices run this game? Will the ipad 4 version be much better than the ipad 3/2/mini. Will the tegra be so much better than other tablets (this maybe hard caus they have a lot of fragmentation of older devices). I could see a developer wanting to play it safe to not offend previous generation owners, and not putting much effort into the ipad 4 version.

However, the tegra version is the showpiece for both nvidia and madfinger, so of course, they probably would put alot of time into that one to make sure it will impress. The ipad 4 version? I wonder if it will be like the ipad 3 version, or a whole level above. Just doesn't seem much benefit to madfinger or nvidia to put much effort into the ipad 4 version, all they are gonna get is more headaches like 1 star reviews from jealous previous generation owners, more development costs, more potential for bugs, just more headaches.

The tegra version will be a showpiece, I really don't think the ipad 4 version will be as good, but that is my opinion. Not that it can't be, but realistic issues will come into play. My two cents worth, if you feel differently, please respond, but don't send more goons!!! :D

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Android gets another pretty tech demo. iOS gets Ravensword 2, Forgotten Memories, Heroes & Castles. No comparison.