Hannibal is at the gates! Ancient Battle: Hannibal
Ancient Battle: Hannibal, the latest strategy wargame from Hunted Cow Studios and HexWar, is available now on the iOS App Store, priced at $0.99/£0.69/€0.89 and the Mac App Store, priced at $6.99/£4.99/€5.99.
The Mac version contains two extra campaigns which are only available as in-app purchases for the iOS version. The game is a major upgrade to the system developed for Ancient Battle: Rome, which was the No.1 strategy game on the App Store in 8 countries.
Grognard.com describes Ancient Battle: Hannibal as “One of the most stunning simulations I have ever laid eyes on.” The game introduces many new features, including multi-level hills to elevate your strategic opportunities when commanding vast armies.
Hannibal Barca was arguably the greatest general of the ancient world. Feared and respected across the ancient world, at the height of his power he commanded an army that brought Rome to its knees. Ancient Battle: Hannibal allows you to follow in his footsteps and re-fight many of the pivotal battles of the Punic Wars between Carthage and Rome.
The game features a tutorial campaign and four full campaigns, each of which highlights pivotal battles from Hannibal’s career, including the decisive battles of Cannae and Lake Trasimene, the battle of Ilipa and his defeat at Zama. Players can also relive battles from the First Punic War, including the battle of Bagradas.
Ultimately, Hannibal was defeated, but with Ancient Battle: Hannibal, players have the opportunity to rewrite the history books and out-do one of the greatest generals in history.
Key Game Features:
- High Definition Ancient Era Graphics.
- 7 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign ending with a unique skirmish battle.
- 4 Mission 'Sicily' campaign, featuring battles from the First Punic War, including the battle of Bagradas.
- 8 Mission 'Italy' campaign featuring the decisive battles of Lake Trasimene and Cannae.
- 4 Mission 'Africa' campaign, featuring Hannibal's major defeat at the great battle of ‘Zama’. (Included in the Mac version, available via in-app purchase on iOS)
- 6 Mission 'Spain' campaign, ending the with the battle of Ilipa. (Included in the Mac version, available via in-app purchase on iOS)
- All missions, except the tutorial, can be played as both sides.
- 38 Unique Ancient units including Roman Hastati, Spanish Scutarii, Bolt Throwers and Elephants.
- Four classes of infantry: Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
- Detailed Combat Analysis.
- Flank Attacks.
- Strategic Movement.
- Hours of Gameplay.
- Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
- iCloud Saves (compatible with both versions of the game).
- Map Zoom.
Mac App Store: Link
iOS App Store: Link
Press Resources: www.huntedcow.com/press/hannibal
Marketing and Social Media
T: +44 (0)1343 559081