Please Stay Calm - A location based zombie MMO

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MassiveDamageInc, Mar 19, 2011.

1. MassiveDamageInc

MassiveDamageInc Well-Known Member

#1 MassiveDamageInc, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
    **UPDATE - August 23rd, 2011**

Our new website is LIVE: www.pleasestaycalm.com

**UPDATE - August 10th, 2011 **

Hey folks... it's been awhile since our last update because we have been in crunch mode throughout the summer.

Well the time is upon us.. we're very close to our launch! We hope to be in the App Store for September 16th.

Here's our neat-o motion comic cinematic intro:

Also an up to date screenshot:

[​IMG]

***** Older Information *****

Built by Massive Damage Inc, Please Stay Calm is a new type of location based game that features massive multiplayer and co-operative gameplay on a persistent alternate reality layered on top of the real world. Fight for survival in a world faced with a zombie apocalypse.

Some tidbits about the gameplay:
    • survive, scavenge and fight using real world locations to build up your character
    • asynchronous co-operative multiplayer using location based teams and public events where anyone can join in the fight against the hordes
    • combat, scavenging and crafting are all mini-game based actions with real strategic and reflex based gameplay that rewards player skill

http://www.pleasestaycalm.com

Here's the trailer from GDC 2011:

And some awesome concept art from our artist:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't forget, SIGN UP EARLY and get a BONUS WEAPON when it launches in your city!
    http://www.pleasestaycalm.com

And don't forget to LIKE our Facebook page to get the latest updates: http://www.facebook.com/PleaseStayCalm or follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/pleasestaycalm :D :D

Feel free to ask if you have any questions! We're working furiously to launch in the next month or so!

2. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
  3. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

anyone want to hole up in a prison with me?? (hope someone gets it :))

by the way the game looks awesome. I really want to try it.

4. wythesyn

wythesyn Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Oswego, New York
    Im up for it, also this games looks great

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Looks great? How can you tell? There's no game play footage in the video at all! Couple of drawings and that's IT! How can anyone form an opinion of how the actual game is? You can't!!! Give us something to see, and maybe we can start to look forward to this--or not!

6. MassiveDamageInc

We'll definitely be posting more stuff as we finalize the look and feel. There is some gameplay in the video but yeah we didn't zoom up on it as we're still actively building out the gameplay.

Some tidbits about the gameplay:

• survive, scavenge and fight using real world locations to build up your character
    • asynchronous co-operative multiplayer using location based teams and public events where anyone can join in the fight against the hordes
    • combat, scavenging and crafting are all mini-game based actions with real strategic and reflex based gameplay that rewards player skill

More info soon as we march towards BETA :) (BETA & early access signups: http://pleasestaycalm.com)

Thanks,
    Ken

7. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I was just thinking will it support all locations and not just the US. as I remeber some game had that problem for me before.

8. MassiveDamageInc

Our aim is that you can play this game from anywhere so we'll make sure it's available globally on all the App Stores.

We'll likely launch in smaller areas first to get all the scaling done properly as we're building a lot of unique multiplayer & teamplay features that need a fair amount of testing.

Thanks,
    Ken

9. anualisher

anualisher Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    IT
    So this is another fighting zombies game? How many and how strong these zombies are so that the character needs to stay calm? I'm wondering how great the game will be and i hope it won't let me down.;)

10. Sandrem

Sandrem Active Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Looks good.

11. MassiveDamageInc

Hi Anualisher,

This will definitely not be just another zombie game.. we're aiming for something between Mafia Wars, World of Warcraft and Left 4 Dead. :)

Most relevant player activities will be cool mini-games where strategy, reflexes and player skill is rewarded while still be playable by more casual players.

It's not just about levelling up your characters, it's about building your safehouses and keeping your favourite locations and city on the top of the leaderboards.

Hope that helps! :)

best,
    Ken

12. MassiveDamageInc

An early look at our intense combat mini-game

Hey folks,

I just updated the original post with this early screenshot of our combat mini-game.. you'll be able to take out the zombie hordes infesting in your favourite locales with a variety of weapons from hockey sticks and hedge trimmers all the way to grenade launchers :D

I'll post the image here as well, check it out:

[​IMG]

More stuff coming soon!

13. MassiveDamageInc

New screenshot from Alpha test

Hey folks,

Things are progressing well with the development of Please Stay Calm.

You'll soon be able to try your hand at surviving a 'real' zombie apocalypse this summer.

Here is a screenshot from the Alpha test:

[​IMG]

Don't forget to sign up at http://PleaseStayCalm.com to get your bonus weapon on launch.

14. weaver523

weaver523 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Do you have signups for beta testing?

15. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I look forward to the infection. LOL

16. MassiveDamageInc

We're doing some limited BETAs in June. Sign up at PleaseStayCalm.com as we'll be picking people/locations for BETA soon.

Thanks!

17. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Wow this looks really great!!

18. randomisthehero

randomisthehero Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Florida
    any eta on when this game will be available in the usa? more news and/or game play videos would be much appreciated.looking forward to this game very much :)

also quick question,i saw somewhere else i believe that this will be available on ios and other platforms;so my question is,if i download this to my ipod touch since i assume ios is the first to be fully launched then will i be able to play off the same account on another platform? i'd hate to have two accounts and i'd hate to wait but since i have an ipod touch and wifi isn't everywhere i won't be able to play while out and about.

19. MassiveDamageInc

Hi Random,

Thanks for your interest in Please Stay Calm, we're launching in August.. we're currently in heavy testing mode.

More videos and screenshots are coming as we tighten up the UI and mini-games.

As for other platforms, we'll be working on the Android version after we launch on iOS.

As for keeping the same character across multiple devices, we're definitely looking into it. I'll have more information on that as we get closer to launch.

Thanks again for your interest, keep an eye on this thread and our Facebook or Twitter for the latest updates :)

Best,
    Ken

20. MassiveDamageInc

Update: new motion comic cinematic intro and screenshot!

Hey folks... it's been awhile since our last update because we have been in crunch mode throughout the summer.

Well the time is upon us.. we're very close to our launch! We hope to be in the App Store for September 16th.

Here's our neat-o motion comic cinematic intro:

Also an up to date screenshot:

[​IMG]

We're in the final stretch so expect more screenshots and gameplay videos from our current BETA.

Thanks,
    Ken