Sales statistical program for App Developer

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by NavinfoGames, Jun 2, 2011.

1. NavinfoGames

NavinfoGames Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Dear Developers,

the analyzing of the Daily Sales Report of the iTunes doubtless causes you, as us great trouble. So we developed an easy analytical program, the MyAppStat to manage this important business information. Please, if you need an easy program to analyze your selling on the iTunes and to get complex statistical result, let me to show this program on the following link:
    www.navigationinfo.hu/myappstat

If you have any question about the MyAppStat, feel free to contact us confidence.

Regards,
    Navigation-Info

Attached Files:

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    #2 mr.Ugly, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
    price of the software above is $ 49

and to be honest i would suggest developers to rather take a look at appviz2

http://www.ideaswarm.com/products/appviz/

same price, looks alot more polished and i used aooviz1 for nearly 2 years now and the devs are very fast with updates when ITC stuff changes.

but as always some competition is always good.. so good luck selling your "MyAppStat"

edit: a question regarding this

do you only parse the daily reports? because there are also weekly and monthly ones?

3. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    I use app annie, which is great and currently free.

This does look better judging from the pics, but I think it's gonna be a tough sell given the price of the competition. Good luck with it though, it sure does look nice.

4. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    #4 mr.Ugly, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
    well handing out your ITC account info is nothing i would do with an online service like app annie..

5. TinyTechnician

TinyTechnician Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    I think as long as you create a separate ITC user with a restricted "Finance" role then you're OK since the user is restricted. I think it's good to just create this user/account at the start and have it at-the-ready for when you need it ;)

6. DrummerB

DrummerB Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Switzerland
    #6 DrummerB, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
    I also recommend AppViz 2.
    The developers are incredibly fast to release updates whenever Apple changes something in iTunes Connect. Often less then 24 hours.

I think MyStatApp doesn't look bad and offers nice features, but it looks more like the menu of a game with those buttons and all. Not at all like a Mac app. And I think Mac users pay more attention of uniformity in the look of apps then other OS users.

7. mochibits

mochibits Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I like appannie because its free, slick, and sends email. Although the shared iTC account is a little iffy, having a separate login with restrictions is ok with me.

Also like Applyzer (pro update) for the hourly updates.

8. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

9. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Like it was said by others... You do not give them access to all your ITC account, just the stuff they show you: sales numbers. They don't have access to the critical stuff.

JC

10. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Never dabbled deeper into account management.. Was that always possible to create limited accounts? But good to know, if there ever is the need for such... but still no fan of such online services.

Thnx tiny & ovo

11. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Yes, you create user SALES account. (your account is administrator). Basically, you are only giving them access to the report you can download from ITC and reviews (anything else?). They don't have access to any critical data. I'm still amazed by how CRAP ITC is. Come on apple you have billions in the bank, use (a fraction of) that to sort it out. :)

JC

12. I use appFigures.com. It is web-based, so I can login from anywhere and check my stats. No need to go home to my Mac and check.

They also provide many useful features such as sub-accounts, which allow a partner to login and check sales of an app. This is useful if you have a profit sharing agreement with someone and want them to be able to see sales of only that app.

Also, it is run by a great group of people who are constantly adding features and are very responsive to questions and issues as they arise.

The only reason not to use it is if you are overly paranoid about giving them your iTunes Connect password like Mr. Ugly. :)

I've used the service for over a year now with no problems, so I think it is safe. These guys understand security.

13. yemi

yemi Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Any website can get hacked period. Wow you guys check on your sales that often? PSN got hacked and Iam sure everyone thought that was safe.

14. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

being paranoid is always good.. but like i wrote i did not even know you could create sub accounts with limited ITC access.. thats nothing i recall was there 2,5 years ago.. but i could easily oversee such a thing back then.. *shrug*

anway..

appfigures looks nice but way overpriced.. at least with the competition there is.. but i personaly also barely use itc mobile because somehow checking once a day from the main rig is more than enough for me.. this goes for ranking and sales.. maybe one calms down over time i remember times where it like was a rush to see the next sales numbers :)

and if i need online web numbers (for whatever reasons) one can just log into itc and check their graphs..

the one feature of them thats nice is that you can make subaccounts to show only a very limited access.. like in your example with shared projects.. but thats unlikely to happen in my enviroment..

still i would be to cheap to pay a service per app.. nahh.. not my cup of tea.. to cheap for that hehe ;D