Understanding which games are meant for iPad

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by spidey, May 9, 2011.

1. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Hi,

I am a noob iPad gamer, and need some help in understanding which games are meant for iPad. There are two kind of messages that are shown in game's description on iTunes:

1. This game is designed for iPhone and iPad
    2. This game is compatible with iPhone, iPod and iPad

Do both mean that the game is Universal and will work on iPad as it is supposed to. Or does any one of the above mean that it will work on iPad in a 2x mode, like an iPod/iPhone only game would work on iPad.

Also, for imaginary range, in the iPad game listing, there is a version called Imaginary Range (seems to be universal), and Imaginary Range HD (seems to be iPad only). What is the difference? (Am anyways downloading both to check out for myself. But just wanted to know.)

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    You need to look for this image to know if it's universal or not:

[​IMG] or [​IMG]

That little "+" sign means universal. That picture is from iTunes. But if you are on the App Store from a device, the "+" sign will be inside the blue box that shows the price.

3. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    All right. Thanks a lot. I was misled by the other statement which said "Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad". Oh well, a new thing learnt...