Can you change your game icon with an update?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by GamerOutfit, Mar 11, 2010.

1. GamerOutfit

GamerOutfit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Have you guys ever been allowed to change your game's icon with an update? I'd like to change mine but have had updates rejected in the past due to icons not matching the large graphic. Both times I had changed the big graphics and the icon but am thinking maybe I did something wrong? Or are you not allowed to change the icon "much" after release?

I know I can add things like "sale" across it but in this scenario I want to change it completely.

2. REANIX

REANIX Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Yes, you can, why not?

3. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

You can change it all you want in an update, maybe there's something you're missing :confused:

4. GamerOutfit

Oct 28, 2008
    Dunno. I tried to change it with WallZ twice before and both times they rejected it saying the icon didn't match. I must have left a step out.

I only ask because I want to change the icon for War3100 and last time the game took 30 days to go through approval. I would like to avoid having to wait 30 days only to find out an icon change caused the rejection.

5. mobileben

mobileben Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Zgrunturos and San Francisco
    You can totally change your icon upon an update. We've done it several times. I think they generally like the 57x57 icon and the 512x512 icon to be similar enough when the approve. But once you're accepted, you can change the 512x512 one.

6. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Change the 57x57 and 512x512 icons at the same time and you ought not experience any problems.

7. GamerOutfit

Oct 28, 2008
    Great. Thanks for the info!

8. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Yeah if you don't change them both it won't work.