iMaschine $4.99---->.99 cents

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by timmis6010, Nov 23, 2012.

1. timmis6010

timmis6010 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Sorry, posting this from my phone and sorry if its already been posted already. Native Instruments' iMaschine is now .99 cents for Thanksgiving. I love this app and anybody in to production should jump on this. Its great for getting ideas down outside of the studio. My buddy and I use it for one shots in dj sets on the iPad. Its a pretty serious sound tool! Know there are some music lovers on the forums. Happy thanksgiving to all btw!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imaschine/id400432594?mt=8

2. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    It's awesome, especially at this price but no audio copy lets it down.

3. timmis6010

Jul 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Yeah its a little strange that a company like native instruments would leave that feature out. Never been a problem for me since I mainly use it for basic idea sketching. Never got in to using apps like nanostudio or anything. Always just liked using my desktop and sampling ideas in live 8. If you DO use nanostudio, you can grab the .wav files you exported from iMaschine to iTunes in to nanostudio using nanosync. Kind of a hassle, I know :/

4. callmericardo

Jun 23, 2011
    It is cool. I replaced the metronome with a silent wav and it's even better!

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    On the fence about grabbing this one... Should I get it?

6. callmericardo

Jun 23, 2011
    Ummm difficult to say. I'd imagine the only people who'll really dig it already knew about it and like all that Native Instruments, Ableton stuff anyway. If that's your thing I'd get it. If you're not really into drum machines and synths I'd pass.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Does it work well with FL Studio? Some say it works well with Ableton, but not sure of FL. This is really cool though, I always wanted Maschine or at least Mikro, but this would be nice too if it will work :)

Btw, NI is just awesome. FM8 & Massive <3

8. callmericardo

Jun 23, 2011
    If you want to make loops for FL Studio while you're out and about or sat on the sofa then yeah you'll love it.

Yeah man. Traktor's the bomb :)

9. timmis6010

Jul 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    As callmericardo said, it is great for making sounds that you can then sample in FL studio. It isn't a controller like its big brother the Maschine.

10. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    #10 ninjackid, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    Hmm... Saw some videos for this on YouTube, I think I'm gonna bite the bullet! I'm gonna take the plunge!

EDIT: Ah, and now I'm undecided again. I read in the description it required iOS 5?

11. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Bought. Feedback tomorrow once I've tried with a DAW.

13. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'm more into synths, instruments, and generative audio toys (what would the more experienced electronic musicians call Reactable? An instrument? Toy? Loop maker?), but this looks like a steal for a buck...like when Nano Studio was a few bucks over a year (I think) ago...but I have a question first...how comprehensive are the soundbanks that come included? Music apps with iaps sometimes have most of the useful stuff as iaps.

Also, am I correct in assuming you can't import sound? Last, I saw a license agreement. Anyone know if it in any way restricts commercial use of the output? There are apps out their which do not give you clear ownership over what you create, often because the soundbanks may have licenses attached.

last but not least, does it drop swagbombs? Will it WUB WUB WUB?

14. callmericardo

Jun 23, 2011
    You can add your own samples via iTunes.

The included samples are from the full NI Maschine libraries, as are the IAP ones so you can use them in your tracks.

It's nowhere near as good as the full kit but its good for what it is. End of the day, if you don't have professional flat studio monitors all these things are just fun toys anyway.

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    It's sorta bad. Tough to play when it's so small and it's not even universal for you iPad owners. I haven't figured how to use it with DAW, but I don't think there's a way to import MIDI files to DAW either... If someone figures it out then I'm sure it's great, but I never used MIDI device with my DAW so it's hard, especially when its an app. Anyway, not worth the effort when the buttons are so small and it sometimes lags. Just spare money for Traktor or Maschine Mikro.

It's a good toy if you have small fingers, are willing to spend some time moving ACTUALLY good samples(the default ones are poor), but otherwise just get the real deal or stay happy with your PC DAW. Of course it's a nice toy, but nope, was hoping I could import to my DAW easier. I don't think it's even possible.

@Greyskull no wubwubs unless you import samples. The default sample bank is VERY poor and more are available through IAP. If you want wubwubs, get a DAW like FL Studio, Reason or Ableton. Or those fancy Pro Tools or Cubases.... Or if it's just cheap toys you're looking for, try http://audiotool.com/app

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I have Reason, thanks though...just need to get around to reading the manual...

17. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Thanks, LOLavi. Glad I ended up holding off on this one. You just saved me a buck! :D

18. callmericardo

Jun 23, 2011
    They never said it was a midi controller.

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    No problem ninja. :)

And yeah @callmericardo that's true. But I think I among with many others were expecting it to be that.

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Or you could check some tutorials. I could post some(general, not Reason ones, I have FL Studio and Audiotool) on the EDM group I'm gonna create now.