The New iPad Retina Display Game Thread!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Borgqueenx, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Please don't judge only after the screenshot of Train Defense but after playing the game on the device actually. It should still be free.

Thank you for your interesting and understandable (even for non-coders like me) explanations. Did you try DropZap 2 (still free)? I can't help but for me it looks pretty Retina although the last update was in November.

Don't know if these have been mentioned before:

Draw the Line™ HD – Recommended physics puzzler
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/draw-the-line-hd/id517956515?mt=8

Vermes on Mars – Recommended draw/touch strategy game, free right now (for a limited time)
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/vermes-on-mars/id452255147?mt=8

[​IMG]

2. Habakuk

3. wermy

wermy Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
  4. MHille

MHille Well-Known Member

retina on iPad is more colourful too

I just released my first game which is called JiggleSaw. Adding retina support took about 2 weeks by the time I had things the way I wanted them. Ironically retina support on the iPhone is one of the reasons why I separated the iPad and the iPhone version (with the iPhone version to come later). The iPhone graphics should be a piece of cake now.

The thing that strikes my most about the new screen isn’t the resolution, it’s how vivid colours are now. My game has some flowers on one of the puzzles and it’s amaze how colourful they are. Made it a bit hard to do the iPad 2 testing actually.

Matthew

5. Habakuk

6. Habakuk

7. Habakuk

8. mavere

mavere Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2012
  9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #360 syntheticvoid, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
    GENE EFFECT

just got an update that made the game Universal and included Retina Display support for the new iPad. =oD