Universal Dream of Pixels - (by Dawn of Play)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 14, 2012.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You don't have to convince me, VOTED! :)

2. DawnOfPlay

DawnOfPlay Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Thanks, guys! Keep those votes coming in, it's working - all the activity is getting Dream of Pixels on the most popular tab on slidedb.com front page! :)

3. Easy vote...I had so much fun playing this game yesterday, absorbable atmosphere, interesting take on Tetris gameplay, it's a really great game

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    iCloud synced my unlocked modes over to my iPhone perfectly, so thanks for that! : ) Unfortunely syncing the puzzles is a bit more finicky. I've gone back and forth several times and the puzzles seem to sync very rarely. Is there any special method that works best to force it? I've tried staying in each app for a while and restarting them from the multitask bar but nothing helps too much...

5. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Voted! Best of luck guys. :)

6. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
  7. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Hmm, we'll check this out, thanks for reporting!

btw, do they not sync at all or does only unlocked status sync and solved doesn't? Or nothing syncs in puzzles?

Sorry and thanks!

8. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Can anyone else try this and report - we cannot repeat this bug here, and would love more reports so we can analyse this problem more.

btw, do you have ANY problems with iCloud in other games or just Dream of Pixels?

Thanks!

9. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    #309 sweetdiss, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    Thanks for the reply! I've just noticed the "solved" status not syncing. More recently, the other day I did a bunch of puzzles on my phone in a row and later on my iPad only about half of those synced. I'll have to check again when i get home to see if the rest have synced yet. Hope that helps!

Time for more pixel dreaming... : )

Edit: just saw your other post! I've had a mixed experience with iCloud (like most people, I'd say). Some work flawlessly like (Wimp and Raymond Jungle Run) and others take many play sessions before they start working, if at all (like most Ravenous games, unfortunately..)

10. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Awesome that helps! Thanks! :)

Next question: :D

Do you by any chance have different Game Center accounts or are you using the same one on both of your devices?

:)
    Cheers!

11. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Nope, same account on both! I just checked my iPad and the puzzles are all current again. It seems it just takes a while? My experience with iCloud is that the syncing gets better on certain apps the longer I use them, so that may be the case here as well and it might work perfectly from now on. Fingers crossed! : )

Now for more pressing issues: How on earth do you solve "Goldie"?! I've been stumped for days!

12. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Crossing! :)

Ok, sorry this is a bit late, not intentional, and you've probably solved it by now, but here is the animated solution:

http://img.dawnofplay.com/dop/ss/as.php?s=A5139E5D-B6DB-43F9-A3A9-05EAD1E9B70C

(if you don't want too much of the solution, just close the browser tab, before the animation finishes, hehe)

hint: the trick is "only" in the last 5 tetrominos. When you have 5 left, stop and think for a bit - that worked for me - for the second time now. :)

Cheers!

13. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Game of the Year voting!

Is it possible for Dream of Pixels to get nominated for the Game of the Year on the

TA Forum's Pick for 2012 Game of the Year! (Nominate your favs by 3 Jan 2013):

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=166895

By [member=62237]crex[/member]'s last count there's just 13 games with more votes then Dream of Pixels and 2 with the same number of votes! :D \o/

So GO, nominate your top 10 now, if you haven't yet! :)

And yeah, I know some of you nominated Dream of Pixels already and thanks a lot for that! :D

And, btw, Dream of Pixels is the 4th game of the year on SlideDB - so another THANK YOU, guys, for all the voting! Woohoo! :D

Here: http://www.slidedb.com/features/app-of-the-year-2012

Cheers!

14. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Dream of Pixels Best Puzzle Game of 2012 Ever? :)

Hey, guys, need your help again - more voting! :)

This time it's for Best App Ever in the Puzzle Game category:

http://bestappever.com/v/pzgm

Really simple, just press the button and you're done. :)

And you can vote for more games!

Cheers!

15. MarkDF

MarkDF Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    How can I see my high score for each mode?

16. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    If you have a Game Center account, than there are those leaderboards and achievement buttons at the bottom.

Unfortunately, there's no other way at the moment, though we have your high score saved for the "New record" notification, so this might be a thing for the next update maybe?

It would be interesting to know your reasons for not having a Game Center account, just curious and to help us improve our games.

Thanks!

17. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    More voting! :)

Hey, guys,
    remember Dream of Pixels?

Well, while we're working on an update and even new games ;) we still need your voting powers!

This time, on jayisgames.com:

http://jayisgames.com/best-of/2012/mobile/puzzle/

And don't forget to check the [x] Game of the Year checkbox, hehe. :D

Cheers!

18. MarkDF

MarkDF Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    Duh, thanks! I use Game Center so infrequently I didn't even think to look there.

By the way, I need somebody to come pry my iPad out of my hands. I just have to play Dream of Pixels "one last time" to see how I do!

19. DawnOfPlay

Dec 24, 2010
    Game development studio
    Slovenia
    Well, it may also be that we should make those GC icons at the bottom a bit more noticable. :)

Btw, did you notice you can send GC challenges straight from the Game Over Screen?

I am really wondering about those, how many people see it, and how many of those send a challenge (or two or more..). :)

:D
    Thanks! :)

20. tronz

tronz Active Member

Sep 14, 2011
    tokyo
    Best move

Someone please tell me.
    "Best move*5~9" I can not get the achievement.
    Maybe there are other problems, but I think I have met the conditions play many times.