Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    If you want to see now, respond within about 10 minutes, and I'll set up a room with a password of 0040.

2. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    #10022 JediKnight, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    now.

The kill was to test if the grenades stopped. :eek:

3. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Room's up (Password is 0040). Find where I am on Garage, and then wait till I turn invisible (I'll need to send out a stream of grenades for a few seconds before the glitch occurs)

4. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Okay, glitch should be active right now -- grenades should be raining from the ceiling (the explosions won't hurt you). I can't see it myself though, for whatever reason.

5. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    check your email...

6. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Hmm, I'm usually invisible while the grenades are raining. The other guys i showed it to managed to get a couple of screenshots of me where I was nothing but a running pair of legs -- no torso, head or arms.

7. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    odd...

8. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    #10028 ThePowerofLava, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    Somewhat like the glitch you get with the synthesis combo sometimes?

What time is everyone going to be available for the celebration match?

I'm thinking Factory or Air Crash, because they're night maps...

9. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    It IS the same glitch, except we've realised that it's tied to RPGs and grenade launchers specifically. When you turn invisible, the explosives glitch is triggered simultaneously (or rather, they're arguably the same glitch), but the invisible player himself can't see where the explosives are spawning -- only other players can.

I won't be available for the next 24 hours -- a lot of things are happening on my end.

10. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Ah okay. I get it now.

I won't be available for a day or two either, got parts to a PC for Christmas, going to put that together. (Excitement!)

11. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    #10031 JediKnight, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    Wait, you a computer scientist? Or did you just get a computer without windows or anything? Did you have to actually put more than 50 parts together and add the processing chip? If so I wish I were you. :(

Whoa just realized! I have the 4200 post which is the last post of page 420!!!!! Anybody know what 42 stands for? Beside me that is. :D;)

12. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    I got the OEM Windows, the motherboard, the power supply, the processor, the video card, memory chips, the hard drive, the disc drive, the chassis, a monitor, a keyboard, and a mouse.

Not quite 50, and I wouldn't call me a computer scientist, it's more of a hobby. ( a very frustrating and expensive hobby if I mess up)

13. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    I don't recall any significance....

14. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Oh boy, where to begin?

Do you mean the mathematical significance? Scientific? Astronomical? Religious? Technological? Popular Culture? Video Games? Sports?

DBC

15. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    The answer to the universe...

JUST KIDDING! 6*7

JUST KIDDING, THE ANSWER TO THE UNIVERSE :D

16. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Good old Doug... I've always wondered if he lifted that from the Kabbalah...;):)

DBC

17. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Update on PC build:

Almost done with the hardware, now onto the horrible process that is the windows installation :/

18. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #10038 Sheinfell, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    Having done that for a living at the beginning of my career (well, repairs, but try changing a motherboard on an IBM workstation; more screws than in Frankenstein's monster's head) I would *never* custom build a PC again, too much hassle ;)
    But then, whatever rocks your boat, if you have fun doing it, all fine.

@DBC: nice to hear you got into RPGs. You won't regret it, trust a longtime player on that.
    You should definitely get the Spiderweb games as well: Avadon, and both Avernums.
    All three have great stories, and the Avernums have a unique setting with a huge history (underground cave nation).
    Those, plus Baldur's Gate & the Ravenswords should keep you busy for half a year at least.
    And how do you like the singing Goblins in Bard's Tale? :p

@undead: That is quite the glitchlist. Makes me wonder why Freyr doesn't go and fix them. Looks like you do alot over on the wiki :)

19. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    JediKnight mentioned that games programmed in Unity tend to be quite glitchy, so some of them might not be that surprising. Others, on the other hand, are just plain bizarre, but the majority aren't game-breaking just yet.

20. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Interesting bit about the glitchy Unity games. I have to go through my gameslist and check which ones are made with Unity engine, as I cannot remember anything in terms of major bugs that were caused by the engine itself.

@Jediknight: Do you have more details on that? E.g. where can I start reading up on it?