Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Don't make me laugh.

Since when where cheap rip-offs more successful than the original games? Why do you think gameloft doesent go mobile or PC? because they know they don't have a chance there. That's why they're staying with the mobile devices.
    Plus there are hundreds better FPS games on console and PC than MC would be.

2. Suicide_B0mb3r

Suicide_B0mb3r Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey guys. Here's an idea: Why don't you jump back on mc3 whilst waiting for mc4. Since the update I literally have not seen one hacker and I'm quite enjoying it again

3. mkpred

mkpred Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Working at Sites
    Cyber Town
    Agree with primoz.mc4 will never stand a chance against black ops 2

4. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Nope totally disagree. Previous mc on console proved that. Unless they make it downloaded as $7 on psn/Xbox live, it's not going to do well. Compare to content they are bringing to cod black ops 2, I don't even see close competition at all. Game loft should stay on mobile platform, rather than porting overpriced mobile games on to consoles

5. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Simple reason: too old lol

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #2866 Rip73, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    MC4 is not even competing with COD. It's two different platforms, two completely different strategies. It's not Battlefield versus COD.
    People who buy COD will also probably buy this to get their shooter buzz on the go.
    I'd be willing to bet just anybody with iOS who buys COD will almost certainly buy MC4 as well.
    The price point alone will guarantee that. MC4 will be about one tenth of the price of COD, why wouldn't someone buy it?
    It's not a console game at a console price point, the comparison is completely irrelevant.

Plus the teaser trailer was only revealed on 23rd September. In the past, the normal Gameloft pattern is to release the teaser about two months before the game launches officially (NOVA 3 was the exception to that rule), so as things stand, they are still following their previous patterns. They just happen to have set up a website this time that is revealing more than we normally know before release. They still have until the end of November if they keep to pattern.

Relax and have some patience. It's not IB Dungeons and changed from March to sometime in 2013. For all we know it might suddenly release on Thursday. Or December 20th.

7. vipergts1885

vipergts1885 Member

Oct 13, 2010
    if u think there games are overpriced thats just sad..go to android where there fans dont buy anything then u can complain...u must be a lil kid whos mommy dont let him have any money..7 dollars for any game is nothing ..thats less then a game u would get from a dollar store ..

8. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I have BO 2 reserved for my vita which requires wifi to play online and mc3 the last time I checked (about 2 weeks ago) also required wifi for online matches. The campaign is the only thing to play on the go.
    Do online matches really require that much data that we need wifi?
    Anyways I will not be picking up mc4 if I have a portable cod for my vita (next week:)) unless mc4 let's me play online with my data and doesn't restrict me to wifi. Or I will pick it up if it comes out this week but it seems like I would have a better chance hitting the lottery (I don't play the lottery) than getting this this week.

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #2869 Rip73, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    Where or who was that comment directed at? I'm confused.

Edit, wait sorry, just noticed.
    Anyway, you're right, 7 dollars is for nothing and definitely not overpriced. It's a pity the App Store has turned into a race to the bottom price point. I remember 9.99 was the standard price of a game and that was considered reasonable at the time. Now .99cent is considered reasonable and $7 overpriced. I'd spend more on a decent cup of coffee.

At 7 dollars and going by the site, it looks to me like we'll be getting a lot for our money from MC4.

And in relation to last post, of course online will be wifi only. There actually is a lot of data transfer. And despite LTE, a lot of people would still be using 3g so it'd be a lag fest. Unless you've got an unlimited 4G data plan on your phone. Which is not common worldwide. And expensive where it is.

10. workingman

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I guess I can't argue that it would be a lagfest on 3G/4g. So far everything on the vita requires wifi to play online. Makes me wonder why there's even a 3G version of the device. Knowing I need wifi to play online matches changes my mind about picking up mc4 only because the campaign in cod is going to be really short and I won't play it twice so mc4 would definantly be my next go to shooter.

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Simple reason: Lag.

12. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    This.

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Also this.
    Played it last night on an iPad 4 and iPhone 5. And while the devices themselves didn't lag, the servers did. There was an awful lot of ghosting.

14. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I don't even notice server lag. Try playing it on an iPod.

But you already know that.

And that's for the mc3 thread.

15. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Uhm, just for your information there is no such thing as Black Ops 2 for the Vita... (Black Ops Declassified and Black Ops 2 are NOT the same thing.)

16. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    off topic -- disregard. -__-

17. workingman

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Your right. But I think everyone knows the game I was talking about when I mentioned the vita. But thanks for clearing that up.
    The game started out as black ops 2 for the vita before it got its official name way back before the vita was released

18. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Wow some of you guys saying your "officially" not excited anymore, seriously, what's wrong with you! I probably won't be able to play the game at all on my iPad 1, and I'm still excited for this haha, some people complaining how it lags occasionally on their iPhone 5 or whatever are really spoilt haha

19. workingman

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    How was the modern combat series on the iPad 2? My wife wants to get me the ipad mini for Xmas and I'm not convinced it will hold its own considering the outdated hardware and no retina display

20. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Me and my timeline of emotions:

1 week ago: I'm excited, just not pumped.

now: I'm looking forward to it, just not excited.

On release: AWWW YEAAHHHHHH

Directly after download: damnit. won't run.