Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-08-2014, 09:43 PM

Default Pls help me remember a series of books from 30 years ago.

Might even be be more.... and my mind is addled, as I can't really describe the series, but here goes, as I recall it:

It was a series of several books. None were all that big. I can remember that one of the books dealt with the Grim Reaper. I think the others dealt with various things like pestilence and greed.... but then again, I could be off my rocker.

I remember enjoying them, and think my teens might, but for the life of me, I can not remember more than what I just typed.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:07 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Doesn't ring any real bells the only books I can think off I read featuring the grim reaper were the discworld books (mort etc) and I do recall a more recent one with banshees etc called soul screamers although I probably shouldn't admit to reading that one.

Best I can do is give you this link and hopefully you spot it in one of the lists.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:42 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Do you remember if it was Sci Fi or not? I seem to remember the Ringworld books had some of those themes - can't remember if those were similar or the same as the Discworld books...
Old 06-08-2014, 10:54 PM

Maybe Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incar...of_Immortality series? On a Pale Horse, the first book, is about a man who accidentally kills Death and has to replace him. The second one was about the personification of Time. They came out around 1984, which fits your timeline.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:24 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Yes, it definitely sounds like the Piers Anthony series, includes death, fate, time, god, the devil. I think there were seven books altogether.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Maybe Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incar...of_Immortality series? On a Pale Horse, the first book, is about a man who accidentally kills Death and has to replace him. The second one was about the personification of Time. They came out around 1984, which fits your timeline.
That is it. TYVM!