Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-03-2014, 05:10 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappyUnlucky View Post
I hope you are okay with me not liking the game
Yes mate - it's all good! I lost any illusions that we could please everyone a VERY long time ago
Old 12-03-2014, 05:12 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Oh, good. I just don't like posting negative feedback. Hence the reason why I don't post here until now
Old 12-03-2014, 05:16 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

You shouldn't hold back - in my experience negative feedback - if delivered constructively - is as valuable as positive feedback. There are some techniques you can use to soften it though for example:

1) Make it specific - i.e. it felt too repetitive, i was't into the graphics etc.
2) Use a shit-sandwich to deliver it, e.g. The icon looks great - i really wasn't sold on the gameplay - but it runs really smoothly.

Using those two techniques alone will win you loads of admirers
Old 12-03-2014, 05:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskempt View Post
You shouldn't hold back - in my experience negative feedback - if delivered constructively - is as valuable as positive feedback. There are some techniques you can use to soften it though for example:

1) Make it specific - i.e. it felt too repetitive, i was't into the graphics etc.
2) Use a shit-sandwich to deliver it, e.g. The icon looks great - i really wasn't sold on the gameplay - but it runs really smoothly.

Using those two techniques alone will win you loads of admirers
I don't want any admirers. I have hairs sticking out my nose and I refuse to pluck them. They are staying in! Runners are a hit and miss for me. The gameplay just wasn't for me. It was a well made game, but I think I prefer 3rd person perspective runner like Temple Run
Old 12-03-2014, 05:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskempt View Post
Okay - so maybe I owe you another apology then - TBH - the first release was't right. We had to get it out to coincide with Dragons Den and, well, we farked it up. Frankly this annoys the crap out of me as (in hindsight) we did more or less the same thing with Stunt Guy 2.0 for similar reasons (the filming) and in 11 years of developing games those are the only two releases that I look back on and wince about. But... hey ho - we fixed them both now. Just a shame we seem unable to make any money out of them!

At least you hate me less than Ubi though - that's something
Oh, no. I don't hate you at all. I don't hate Ubisoft, either. It's not like Ubisoft shot me in the leg. You're just doing what business do. Nothing out of the norm. You learn from experience. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-03-2014, 05:32 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappyUnlucky View Post
I don't want any admirers. I have hairs sticking out my nose and I refuse to pluck them. They are staying in! Runners are a hit and miss for me. The gameplay just wasn't for me. It was a well made game, but I think I prefer 3rd person perspective runner like Temple Run
fair enough - but for admirers you can also read - friends, money and probably even sex. Mind you - the nose hairs might prevent some of those... well... money then.

As I say though - you might find it different now, perhaps take a look and in the meantime we'll get on with Temple Run 2 - unless someone did that already?