Innovative Game Features

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Hambo12, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    For any game, what's a cool feature that has never been done before? give some ideas and some developers might see this and use a idea.

Example: like Real Racing 3 Time Shufted Multiplayer. using Game Center.

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Donkey Kong Arcade

Apparently the first time an arcade game had a tangible story that had a beginning, middle, and end.

...oh just iOS stuff? I have no idea. But you have to pay homage to the classics, maaaan! :cool:

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Originally had this idea for a game... But it's been a while since i abandoned the dream of being a game designer.

Armored bus, your friend (npc) drives it, youre on the roof with a shotgun and some dynamite. View is behind the back similar to EPOCH, showing the direction the bus is moving to. Roof has 3 "lanes" and you transfer between lanes with swipes similar to Subway Surfers.

Zombies can climb to the sides of the bus and moving to that side of the bus lets you fire a shotgun automatically. One hit kills will work best. Those zombies up front on the streets can be killed by going to the middle. Swiping up throws a dynamite to get rid of barricades blocking the streets. Swiping down will make you duck to avoid getting hit when passing through tunnels or road guides and signs.

There will be tight turns on the road and your partner who drives the car will signal you with lights and you need to be in the direction of the turn or you will be thrown off the bus.

It's essentially a runner concept, with some unique mechanics.

The one hit kills will make the game feel quick and hectic, and the zombies need to be the I Am Legend type to keep up the pace.

Game can be endless or mission based. Im still willing to work with a game production group if they want to make this dream a reality. I also have more ideas im willing to share if need be.