★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
However, I will add that I'm a Solitaire junkie and have played hundreds of games on my PC (you know, the game that comes package with every computer). If you like solitaire, you will definitely like Ski Solitaire. It adds just enough to make the game new again. Just my $0.02.
Well, those two cents were worth a lot to me, as I will now buy the game. And, yes, I'm also a solitaire junkie, but had settled on Eric Snider's as my go-to-app-game. I need a change.

Currently Playing: (iPad2) Angry Birds Space HD | MASS EFFECT INFILTRATOR | Hunters 2 | Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy | Flight Control Rocket | Azkend 2 HD: The World Beneath | rComplex | Zuma's Revenge HD | Rhianna Ford & The DaVinci Letter HD | Zepi:Spring HD | Reiner Knizia's Deck Buster | (iPhone) Doodle God
12-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Fe1 - Thank you for the support and we hope your enjoying the game!

Thank you John.jo1975 for your fantastic comment - we hope you get your family back soon (but not too soon! )

We've also received our first review and it is a fantastic '5 out of 5' stars from theiPhoneAppReview:
http://www.theiphoneappreview.com/20...ad-app-review/

" This app takes the ultimate classic card game and turns it into something really special, […] this app is cute, with a capital “C.” […] Make Ski Solitaire your new favorite iPad game for $2.99. That’s an extremely reasonable price for an app that gives you hours of winter wonderland fun. […] Do yourself a favor and go get this app. You’re going to love it. "

Last edited by GreenflyStudios; 12-05-2011 at 02:39 PM.

04-10-2012, 03:21 AM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that there is a new update for Ski Solitaire:

Game Center achievements and leaderboards - perfect for bragging rights!
Twitter integration - you can tweet your scores directly from within the app.
Updated visuals

Full Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ski-solitaire/id480467573?ls=1&mt=8

If you were on the fence before, we've also made a Lite version available:

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ski-solitaire/id514029474?ls=1&mt=8

Last edited by GreenflyStudios; 04-10-2012 at 06:27 AM.
04-10-2012, 05:10 AM
Love this game!

I just wanted to throw in a vote of confidence that this game is well worth the three bucks. I'm loving it, the only problem is my roommate saw me playing and now he keeps disappearing with my iPad!

Anyway, great game, and I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with next, and of course future updates!
04-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi Zedd2011,

Thank you for the vote of support! We're glad that both you and your roommate are enjoying the game.

We have some exciting work lined up that we can't wait to share so please follow us on Twitter (@GreenflyStudios) to keep up with the latest news.

Regards,
Stephen
04-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Game Impressions

Hey Steve,

I've just played through the first couple of courses, and while it seems awfully close to Fairway Solitaire (the original PC version, not the sequel they finally made into an iOS app), I really like the implementation for the most part.

I do however have a few suggestions I think would really help:

-Let us see our current streak! I want to be able to know how close I am in making a mulitiplier improving run of 6+, or even more knowing how close I am to that run of 10 needed to unlock a course.
-Could you make it more clear on the course scoreboard if the course's goal was already achieved? If I'm resuming a saved game I should be able to easily spot if this task was already done, at least in between events on the course scoreboard.
-Why not show the top course winnings locally right there with the course information of each course when selecting a course? As it stands I have no access to my own local top scores if out of wi-fi range.
-The Item Shop should show a "Purchased" graphic right there in the item's store entry other than just in the shop image to the right.
-Why not have a little floating number text in-game to show points earned in play?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
04-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Hi Tim,

We're glad that you like it and thank you for your thoughts. When we prepare the next update, we'll look at the best way to implement your suggestions.

Regards,
Stephen
04-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenflyStudios View Post
Hi Tim,

We're glad that you like it and thank you for your thoughts. When we prepare the next update, we'll look at the best way to implement your suggestions.

Regards,
Stephen
Thanks, of all of my issues there the run count and local score tracking were definitely my biggest whines.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
04-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Thanks, of all of my issues there the run count and local score tracking were definitely my biggest whines.
Those will be our higher priorities then
04-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Interesting - how do we include those snazzy iTunes-esqe descriptions/screenshots/ratings box within our post?

Last edited by GreenflyStudios; 04-12-2012 at 07:27 AM.