App description: Hey Alex! Our playground has been taken over! Only you can help us take it back!

Prepare for an epic battle to defend your treehouse against those pesky kids from the next street over!

Playground Wars features:

Gorgeous, detailed art and animation!

112 HAND CRAFTED levels spread out over 4 unique seasonal campaigns!

5 different weather conditions, 4 locations and night and day scenarios allow for an insane amount of variety!

Take command of your hero Alex, and recruit 9 additional friends to take on the bully menace!

Defend against a variety of enemy units, including 4 bosses before encountering the very special, epic final Mega Tank!

Unlock unique and powerful PERKS to use in battle to gain a crucial advantage!

Earn MARBLES and MEGA MARBLES to spend on over 400 upgrades! Level up your units, buy them armor, give them splash damage, increased movement and attack speed, and special offensive and defensive capabilities.

An advantage system balances the units against each other - the big guys don't like getting wet, triker units fear the pikemen and, of course, the bosses don't know what to do about Alex!

The weather and time of day system gives strength and weaknesses to your friends. The soakers are great in the cold, less effective in the rain. Your little toddlers cost more to recruit at night but love to play in the snow! Learn these affinities to plan the perfect strategy for each level!

iCloud enabled!

Original soundtrack comprising 5 epic songs accompanying detailed and thrilling sound effects!

Finely tuned unit AI and combat mechanics!

Playground Wars is a highly accessible defense game with an underlying layer of depth that takes the genre to an unprecedented level! Will YOU answer the call and take back the playground? The battle is on - in PLAYGROUND WARS!

** Note for iPad 2 and iPad Mini users : Playground Wars is a complex, memory intensive game. Although we've tested the game heavily on all devices, you may need to close all other applications before playing in order to have the best possible experience with the game!

glowdot's comments:
Playground Wars is a 2D castle defense game for iOS (and soon, Android and Facebook). In the game, you command Alex, a boy who's playground has been invaded by bullies from the next street over. Recruit your friends and use special perks and upgrades to battle for the title King of the Playground over 112 hand crafted levels!

iOS (Universal): Out now!
Android: Out now!
Mac: Out now!
Facebook: Very soon!

Playground Wars features:

* 4 locations, each with night and day settings
* 5 types of weather
* 10 friendly units
* 14 enemy units including really great bosses
* 9 special attacks
* 112 levels
* and something like 450 upgrades. I lost count.

The strategy is in the combinations of all of the above. Some units have bonuses or penalties depending on the weather or time of day. For example, some cost more at night, or have weaker attack when it's snowing. The units themselves all have very noticeable differences -- some have really long reach, some fire projectiles, some have high levels of HP or armor. And then the units themselves have bonuses or penalties against other individual units and unit types.

Its pretty complex, which keeps the game interesting over 112 levels. And we spent the last 4 months just on the level design. When you get comfortable with one strategy we pull the rug out from under you and force you to really think about how to win the round.

Playground Wars is FREE!

Click here to preview Playground Wars in your browser!
05-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
I'm still loving this game. It's gotta be one of my favorite defense style games.
Thank you so much, you have no idea how good that is to hear. We know people who play the game love it, but its been a real struggle to get the word out about it! Apple ignored it and none of the review sites mentioned it, and without that it's just an uphill battle.

But I'm still trying. I'm hoping to get enough downloads to justify this big content update we've been planning since launch - new locations, perks and units, and new enemies and bosses too. We just need to get enough people playing the game so we can spend the money, but my fingers are crossed!
05-14-2014, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowdot View Post
Thank you so much, you have no idea how good that is to hear. We know people who play the game love it, but its been a real struggle to get the word out about it! Apple ignored it and none of the review sites mentioned it, and without that it's just an uphill battle.

But I'm still trying. I'm hoping to get enough downloads to justify this big content update we've been planning since launch - new locations, perks and units, and new enemies and bosses too. We just need to get enough people playing the game so we can spend the money, but my fingers are crossed!
A big content update would be awesome! I can't believe this game hasn't got a mention anywhere?? It's better than half the crap that's reviewed. Like I said before, this is one of my favorite games. Anybody that I have mentioned this game to has played it and loved it. Don't give up on this one. It just needs to get the word out. Maybe spend a little money (if possible) on iAds? With every game being F2P anymore, they all have ads. Frankly, I'm sick of seeing Clash of Clans ads pop up on over half the games I've played, but it keeps the name stuck in my head or maybe a small (bug fix) or (new character) update to keep the game popping up on apps like appshopper, or appzap. It just has to get in people's hands. After that, the game will do the rest for itself. It's THAT good.

Keep fighting the good fight. Lol
NOEN
05-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Crashing/Freezing?

I really enjoy the game. One of my favorite this year by far. Just downloaded today. And will support the game for sure. Having a big problem though every time I click on the hero it freezes and reboots the game. I can do everything else fine. Only when I click on the main character to upgrade him it crashes. Any body else have a problem? If anyone has any info let me know. I really want to be able to play this. I have tried reinstalling. Has to be a bug. Easily a 5 star game if crashing issues are solved.Thanks a lot.

Last edited by uFinKnow; 05-15-2014 at 10:51 AM.
05-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
I can't believe this game hasn't got a mention anywhere?? It's better than half the crap that's reviewed. Like I said before, this is one of my favorite games. Anybody that I have mentioned this game to has played it and loved it. Don't give up on this one.
Yeah, that's what drives me crazy Right after we released the game, Flappy Bird was the rage. Which is ok, I totally don't mind if a silly game hits number one if people like it and have fun with it, but the charts just got dominated by those Flappy clones and we kind of got lost in the chaos. Plus every review site was in their "here's another article about why F2P sucks" phase so yeah, a lot of good games kinda got buried.

But I'm not giving up, I know the game is good and people love it so I'm still trying to spread the word. We've been running ads on Facebook that have been pretty effective so as long as I can afford to keep doing that we should get some new players!
05-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uFinKnow View Post
I really enjoy the game. One of my favorite this year by far. Just downloaded today. And will support the game for sure. Having a big problem though every time I click on the hero it freezes and reboots the game.
Can you tell me which device you have? We had some crashes on iPhone 4 and iPad 2 and mini (non-retina) but I was pretty sure I fixed those in the last update. If not, I want to make sure it doesn't happen! Maybe its something I can fix in the next update.

Does it happen every time? Does the game crash to the desktop or exit to another screen?