Survey Smartphone Games - Your tips would be appreciated

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by iSwiss, May 3, 2014.

1. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Dear all,

I know this is unusual but I would really appreciate if you could help me with the following:

We are doing a course in our university, in which we have to create a poll. We decided to ask people about smartphone games. With the poll we want to find out what the needs of customers are. So far we got 14 questions, but It would be superbe if we could have one or two more. Our questions are about prices (inApp-purchases how they like them, how much they are likely to pay for an app, what their favourite cateogorie is and so on). An important key is that the questions answers really should help our "fictional game dev studio" to produce the game everyone is waiting for.

Do you guys have any ideas for a question?

Many thanks

iSwiss

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    The distinction between IAP being consumable, cosmetic or extended gameplay content is probably worthwhile tackling, some people won't buy consumable but will buy cosmetic, some only extended gameplay content, some don't care at all.

3. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    14 what are they?

What are your 14 questions so far?

Ask if they buy games with IAPs that have an unlock the (full game IAP) or skip it.

and mabe questions based on the IAP hate below ;)

I hate IAPs unless its an expansion to a great game. I never buy IAPs to unlock the full game or an IAP to remove ads.

BAD thing is IAPs don't follow your account if the company goes under, app gets removed from the appstore because its old, or co changes the app to look like a different game etc. Meaning you can backup and restore your apps you bought but not the IAPs if the game is no longer available / long gone etc.

4. aiza55

aiza55 Member

May 13, 2014
    1. Yes
    2 .Samsung
    3.Android