Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
Yes (and going to play devil's advocate here given what I just posted) but as worldcitizen was pointing out, how is it different than paying a subscription? Granted the amounts change and with IAPs, the expense is focused more on specifics than the game as a whole, but ultimately you're still shelling out on a regular basis.
When you pay for a subscription, it is spelled out what you are getting and charges aren't being hidden. You know up front what the cost is. You can play all you want with no additional fees. On the other hand, with the model that EA has implemented in this game, they do not disclose what is will cost to play the game. You find it hidden in the layers of paywalls built into the game. The model of this game will eventually end up costing more than a subscription. That is how these IAP models are designed. Just look at the IAP costs where they have $99.00 for a mound of keys. That is a clear indication of where their intention lies. Try playing this game 8 hours each day for a month. The cost will likely far exceed that of a monthly subscription.

Last edited by Morgan01; 08-13-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Old 08-13-2013, 04:52 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

If you want to play for free forever all you have to do is grind for silver keys for either opening unlimited chests for new equipment or repairing the stuff you have. You don't have to have EPIC equipment to progress. You can play without buying gold keys.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan01 View Post
When you pay for a subscription, it is spelled out what you are getting and charges aren't being hidden. You know up front what the cost is. You can play all you want with no additional fees. On the other hand, with the model that EA has implemented in this game, they do not disclose what is will cost to play the game. You find it hidden in the layers of paywalls built into the game. The model of this game will eventually end up costing more than a subscription. That is how these IAP models are designed. Just look at the IAP costs where they have $99.00 for a mound of keys. That is a clear indication of where their intention lies. Try playing this game 8 hours each day for a month. The cost will likely far exceed that of a monthly subscription.
The only way you will need to spend money is for gold keys. Gold keys will give you extra inventory space, extra special move slots, and a chance at the best gear.

Silver keys will be used mostly to repair your gear and to open silver key chests for rares and quest items. You will be doing some reputation farming so might as well do that along with silver key farming. If you do get gold keys from leveling or whatever I would spend at least some on one specialize slot bc that helps in the instances lots. Also, to save on repairs when farming let all your gear except your weapon break. If you can get a purple (or even orange) it will go a long way to helping clear instances.

Lots of this I do while soloing but if you can get a group that is going where you are go with them and get the bonus points that go with it.

Also, check the Ultima Forever forums for answers to questions you may have. My survival and farming speed went up by having the patience to check it out.

This game is far from perfect. I don't like how difficult it is to get gold keys and there are some connection and framerate hiccups. I also don't like how easy it is to spend keys accidentally (especially on a iPhone screen) I have bought potions and clicked on chests on accident plenty and it would be nice to have some confirmation buttons pop up for that stuff.

Aside from that the game has legs as long as you watch where you are walking..
Old 08-17-2013, 03:24 AM

Just deleted the game from my ipad.... Too steep iap structure. Really takes the fun out of a game that, under it's skin, is actually quite good.... Too bad

Last edited by skaiwalker75; 08-19-2013 at 01:50 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 01:58 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Having to read through differant forums threads, having to figure out ways to farm for keys, having to find ways around the blatant and steep IAP structure, just seems to suck the fun out of any game, especially when it has issues as this one.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:16 PM

Devs please please please make it available on Turkish store please please
Old 09-11-2013, 03:18 PM

Waouhhh
I was very excited to play again to Ultimate after so many years.....so I try the ultima 4 for free.well, thought it was a true pleasure to answer again to the gipsy, I must admit that the 8 bit graphic are no more exciting and make the exploration a bit boring.

So I gave up ! But I promis that for Ultimate 6 (or even 5) , I play and I ll buy the game for doing it.

What about ultima forever ? Well , EA hasn't not understood player. Please stop developing In App game for noobs without story , challenge and good writing. You re killing video games !
True players prefers playing old good and deep games rather than Silly and boring RPG with linear quest,

If you want to make money, please develop deep games OR just adapt old games putting a bit of lipstick to make them more aesthetic.

But please please stop in app games RPG and COllectible card games. They re empty games no substances.
We re ready to pay more than 10 euros for a real good game even if it just a reboot of an old one .
Old 12-05-2013, 05:12 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Game is a bit free-friendly to play now, check it out
Old 12-05-2013, 06:22 PM

Where is the external keyboard support?
Old 12-08-2013, 02:33 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pausiopao View Post
Game is a bit free-friendly to play now, check it out
Gear only degrades on death now isn't it? Looks like a change of CEO has led to some benefits for gamers.