Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 07-24-2014, 12:07 AM
Banned
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Hello, I'm thinking of getting a controller. What is the best one right now? Also, just seen this... Can anyone shed light on it - [url]http://www.nes30.com[/url]
Old 07-24-2014, 12:19 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNK View Post
Hello, I'm thinking of getting a controller. What is the best one right now? Also, just seen this... Can anyone shed light on it - http://www.nes30.com
Hey,

It's tricky right now, there are a bunch of controllers out that are all flawed in one way it or another. For iPad, the SteelSeries Stratus is the only option available.

For iPhone, the Moga Ace Power is the only controller with analog sticks, but everything about it is sort of cheap and shoddy.

The Logitech Powershell is well built, but it has an awful d-pad, and it's just a bit big to fit in your pocket.

The Razer Junglecat will be hitting in a few weeks, and it's excellent, but also lacks analog sticks, and is a bit expensive.

There are at least 5-10 controllers hitting in the next few months too, including a few full-size Xbox and PlayStation style controllers, if you decide to wait.

Sadly, the nes30 isn't an MFi controller, and doesn't work with those games. It's probably iCade, which is a much more limited number of games from before Apple enabled official support.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:04 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacleod View Post
Hey,

It's tricky right now, there are a bunch of controllers out that are all flawed in one way it or another. For iPad, the SteelSeries Stratus is the only option available.

For iPhone, the Moga Ace Power is the only controller with analog sticks, but everything about it is sort of cheap and shoddy.
Just to be clear, while the Moga is the only iPhone-only controller with analog sticks, the SteelSeries Stratus has analogs and works with iPhones also.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:47 AM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Yo, I just finished and released Astro Duel for iPad. It's a competitive space combat game for 2 to 4 players.

It supports up to four MFi controllers.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id548898306

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 07-24-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa View Post
Just to be clear, while the Moga is the only iPhone-only controller with analog sticks, the SteelSeries Stratus has analogs and works with iPhones also.
Correct..Stratus works with iPhone 5/5C/5S.
But I'd wait a few weeks there should be new controllers available that will be compatible with all lightning iOS devices
Controllers due for release soon are HORIPAD,MADCATZ CTRLi & MOGA Rebel. All are full size Bluetooth controllers with analog sticks.
They should also be in the same price bracket as the stratus or cheaper!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:38 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven2222 View Post
Correct..Stratus works with iPhone 5/5C/5S.
But I'd wait a few weeks there should be new controllers available that will be compatible with all lightning iOS devices
Controllers due for release soon are HORIPAD,MADCATZ CTRLi & MOGA Rebel. All are full size Bluetooth controllers with analog sticks.
They should also be in the same price bracket as the stratus or cheaper!
I agree completely. I bought a Stratus and returned it after a few days, because I couldn't get comfortable with how small it was. I'm holding out for one of the full size BT controllers. I've been very tempted to just jailbreak my iPad and buy a PS3 controller because it's taking so long for the approved ones to come out. The problem is there is no guarantee that would continue to work with new iOS versions and devices, so I'd rather get an approved MFi controller.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:23 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa View Post
Whoops, should have been more clear about that, yeah. The Stratus works fine with the iPhone as well as the iPad. Of course, having a wireless controller for a tiny screen is kind of a weird way to play - I tend to prefer controller cases or controllers with clips for the iPhone
Old Today, 02:02 PM

The resurrected Super Crossfighter has both iCade and MFi support. Enjoy.