Is there a game that is like playing with Legos?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Jun 22, 2014.

1. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    That's why plural is the wrong term. No one uses LEGO as plural. What people do do though is use it as a collective noun - so "this is my lego" not "these are my lego" or "these are my Legos".

And yeah it is opinion not supported but the company that LEGO can be used as a collective noun.

For what it's worth I think I know where Americans found the 'S' that they like to stick on the end of LEGO.

It's the one that belongs at the end of 'maths'.

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Nope, LEGO claims people use it like fish or sheep, so these are my LEGO, like these are my sheep. Obviously wrong though, just like maths ;)

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Not that I care but the Lego argument reminds me of the GIF inventor trying to claim you pronounce it jif, to put it bluntly he doesn't have any say in the matter and as it's short for graphics interchange format using a j doesn't make the slightest bit of sense so I ignore it.

Lego, Legos to me either works but I will say legos is actually in the dictionary as a plural of Lego.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Lego is lego, lots of lego is still called lego

Maths is maths (not math)

Its like words like pneumatic where you dont pronounce the p. Its just one of those words where for plural you dont add an S, Lego is lego !

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Tsk tsk.

:p

6. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Not in The Oxford English Dictionary. That calls Lego a "mass noun".

(I do have a photo to prove it - but I can't get picture uploading to work in the Toucharcade app)