Game Center problem. Help?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Joe Koch, Nov 10, 2010.

1. All of a sudden there's no Game Center account associated with my device. When I go to log in to my current one (I was lucky enough to get my real name - Joe Koch) it takes me to a "create new account" dialogue. I know I have the password correct, since putting in a different one prompts me to try again. Why is my account not logging in? Why does it prompt me for a "new account" if it recognizes my e-mail and password? What should I do?

2. This is super frustrating; Apple call-in support, the Genius Bar, and e-mail support have no ideas. Sigh...

3. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    never heard of such problem, thisis really super frustrating. Think of a guy like zincous he has already 1200+ achievements. Apple should get into this quickly and kil these nasty bugs in the system fast!
    Sorry, mate!

4. As near as I can tell, the GC account got "detached" from my Apple ID somehow. And no one at Apple can figure out how or what to do about it. The Game Center account still exists somewhere (the name is still taken,) but I have no idea how I can go about getting it associated with my Apple ID again. I had like thirty friends and three hundred achievements, too...

5. Spaztrigger

Spaztrigger Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Under your bed
    This happens to me too even though I already have an account so I re-registered and it stopped bugging me

6. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    This happened to me as well, weird.

Edit: I just fixed the problem, it appears. I made a new account using the Game Center app. I signed out from that account, signed in with my Apple ID again, and my regular account came back.

7. I just tried that and now I'm stuck with an empty account.

FUUUUUUUUU~

8. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    1. Dude, chill out, Mew's trying to HELP you.

2. It's happened to me before, and that works as long as you use the same information as before.

9. Well, it didn't work for me.

10. Anyone ever figure this out? I can still see my old account in some leaderboards...

11. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    When you did this, did you open a game afterwards and log in to Game Center with it? This happened to me once and I was told to do that in addition to creating the new account. So:

1. Create new GC account
    2. Log in to it (then exit and make sure the GC app is closed from multitasking)
    3. Open an app that uses GC and wait for it to login
    4. Close the app, making sure it is closed from multitasking
    5. Open up GC again and log out, then log into your original account

Hopefully this should work. If not, try it again but this time reboot your device entirely after step 2 and the first half of step 5.