Pota-Toss - A new game concept. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by saborstudio, Nov 7, 2011.

1. saborstudio

saborstudio New Member

Nov 7, 2011
    #1 saborstudio, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
    Hey,

We are a couple of designers working on this new game concept that we came up with. We're looking for some opinions, thoughts, comments and feedback; hopefully some help as well.

The game's all about tossing potatoes. Simple gameplay, hopefully addictive, and this awesome idea that we have about GPS-based levels. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

Link to our page, potatoss.com

2. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

I think that sounds vague.

3. saborstudio

saborstudio New Member

Nov 7, 2011
  4. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

The art work and levels idea are fantastic. The potato designed characters are cool looking but I didn't understand how they fit into the game. I am guessing that will come via a story?

5. ImStrapped

ImStrapped Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    is this a bit like Worms? Trying to understand the gameplay.

6. saborstudio

saborstudio New Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Hi! Thanks for the good comments!
    The potatoes will be used as 'weapons' to fire against the other player. We're planning to integrate defense potatoes as well, that you can use to guard your base from attacks.

7. saborstudio

saborstudio New Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I'm not that familiar with Worms, but reading through, I guess it is a little similar. The main difference here is that you have to develop a "tossing" skill on your finger. Those finger flicks need to be precise :D