"Spirit" free tonight.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Again, I have no time. Sorry. Any serious ios gamer will know which game I'm talking about, and one will hopefully create a link.

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #2 oooooomonkey, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
    Thanks crex

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere

Spirit for iPad

Take control of Spirit in an intense retro inspired arcade experience, reinvented for iPhone and iPod Touch.

G…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Take control of Spirit in an intense retro inspired arcade experience, reinvented for iPhone and iPod Touch.

Guide Spirit against many different enemy types, and distort space to force them into another dimension.

Features a fluid, easy to play yet hard to master control system. Relative movement allows you to keep your finger out of the way of the action.

Combine links and combos to build up huge scores. Fight your way through increasingly challenging waves, uniquely generated for each game.

- "Spirit is a paradigm example of independent game development for the iPhone" - 'Must Have', No DPad

- "If you're looking for a challenging new arcade experience, this one's easy to recommend" - Touch Arcade

- "Spirit is a budget gem you don’t want to miss" - TouchGen

- "One of the best arcade-style apps on the App Store right now" - GameZebo

- "The experience is incredibly fluid and seamless. It just feels right, and no amount of screen-shots can do it justice" - themacfeed.com

- "Hypnotic, compelling stuff" - The Sunday Times

- "Slick control scheme meets fantastic visual effects and sound design; this is the complete arcade package" - Games Uncovered
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Jun 15, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Pretty sure this is the first iOS game I ever bought... Either this or Bombardiers Guild...

Anyway, it's still on all of my devices to this day. If you don't have it... Get it...

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Everyone should get this. It's even better now with widescreen support.

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Both the ipod and ipad versions are free...I apologize guys, I've been bedridden all day with the a stomach virus. I didn't mean to sound snarky when I said I didn't have time.

7. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    iPhone version is free:

Spirit

- "Spirit is a paradigm example of independent game development for the iPhone" - 'Must Have', No DPad
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

- "If you're looking for a challenging new arcade experience, this one's easy to recommend" - Touch Arcade

- "Spirit is a budget gem you don’t want to miss" - TouchGen

- "One of the best arcade-style apps on the App Store right now" - GameZebo

- "The experience is incredibly fluid and seamless. It just feels right, and no amount of screen-shots can do it justice" - themacfeed.com

- "Hypnotic, compelling stuff" - The Sunday Times

- "Slick control scheme meets fantastic visual effects and sound design; this is the complete arcade package" - Games Uncovered

Guide Spirit against many different enemy types, and distort space to force them into another dimension.

Features a fluid, easy to play yet hard to master control system. Relative movement allows you to keep your finger out of the way of the action.

Combine links and combos to build up huge scores. Fight your way through increasingly challenging waves, uniquely generated for each game.

Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Feb 11, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (25)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spirit/id354998923?mt=8