Are gamers more catty than hardcore music fans?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dogface, Feb 6, 2011.

1. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

Just wondered...

2. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    No.
    Hardcore gamers are just geekishly opinionated.
    Musos think they're better than you.

3. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #3 dumaz1000, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
    Your music snob is showing

Your wanna troll a typical music snob, just mention Nickelback or Avril Lavigne. That'll get your run of the mill music snobbing going.

Gamers can be elitist too, but not nothing beats music snobbery. Nothing.

4. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Yeah I have to agree.

I'll listen to anything that sounds good, so I'll never in a million years worship someone or some group just cause they're indie, or mainstream, or whatever.

Same way that I'll play any game that's fun, so I'll never skip every casual game cause I prefer more "hardcore" ones.

At the very least, these elitists need to realize no one cares about their narrow-minded opinions :)

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    What does the question mean?

6. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    The ? is asking who is more of a troll, who argues more. A gamer (think xbox vs. ps agruements) or music (Think justin bieber has no talent).

I'd say there are way more music trolls than gamer trolls. I personally could argue all day about how autotune sucks, and how most rap is really horrible. But then like all arguments, it's always comes down to who's opinion is worse.

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Ah I see. My opinions definitely don't reflect yours on music taste, but hell yes music trolls are worse by far.

8. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    The OP is just trolling. And music fans are obsessed; I see few dressing up as Angry Birds, if any.

9. thethinice

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Well, you can't exactly tell my music tastes from my comment, I happen to like a wide range of music, from Metallica to Johnny Cash to Dr. Dre. Though I really can't tolerate Justin Bieber. But anyway, it's all based on opinion.

10. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    eh, it shows more because while music is entirely subjective, but with game an argument for a certain amount of objective appeal or quality can be attributed to a "good" game.

its all opinions anyway but games can be so bad that they simply no one will enjoy them, i'd never assume the same of music... i mean have u heard merzbow

11. yemi

yemi Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    I seen alot of 99 cent trolls LMFAO!! Dea Space cost too much will they bump it to 99 cents sale lol!!
    But seriously some music arguements are silly , while in toucharcade even if we disagree, we post valid points and not just all opinion. That separates us from music where its almost all opinion. I like intelligent arguements that we have here.

12. thethinice

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    I suppose so. But when you compare artists, you compare who has more talent, talent here in music being similar to quality in a game. And just like there are different genres of music, theres different genres of games too. Just sayin. :) though judging music would be harder to do, I suppose. Because games have a sort of benchmark while you can't really judge various characteristics of music and use that as your benchmark, it just wouldn't work.

13. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I think iOS gamers are more catty than other gamers and hardcore music fans. But I also think web forum posters are the cattiest bunch of all, especially when combined with any of the above. :p