BIG STICKY! Prepare to be enchanted... - The next hit from Big Bad Brush inc.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by bigbadbrush, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbadbrush

bigbadbrush Well-Known Member

#1 bigbadbrush, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
    From the creators of BIG BAD Flower and Kung Fu Master!, we're very pleased to finally announce that our next game, BIG STICKY, has been submitted and waiting review! Release is set to July 26th for now. Hopefully that won't change!

[​IMG]

Screenshots below and trailer below!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We've been very hard at work and we couldn't be more excited to share this bad boy with the world! It's even 4am as I write this. We hope everyone will see the sweat and tears, and above all, we hope you'll check it out and enjoy it when it releases!

Game story:
    A purple frog prince named Sticky, was living happily with his princess until one day chaos erupted when a jealous lonely castle abducts her, and all the other princesses in the world! Join Sticky in this wild sticky adventure as you swing over snow, lava, enchanted platforms, moving walls and more!

Gameplay:
    - Utilizes simple sticking and swinging actions through original gameplay
    - Swing through 5 beautifully illustrated castle stages filled with a total of 51 platform puzzle levels
    - Collect all the roses which in turn, will earn you a gold trophies and jewels!
    - Princesses Galore! (50 princesses that also need saving)

Everyone needs a little purple hero!

2. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    Screenshots look pretty nice! A gameplay video would be more appreciated! :D

3. bigbadbrush

Thanks! Just realized we forgot to mention that.
    Trailer and gameplay video will be coming soon!
    Will post as soon as it's ready :)

4. bigbadbrush

We just updated our website with a slightly fresher look with more game info on each specific game. Including new info and screens from Big Sticky! >> www.bigbadbrush.com
    Trailer still to come :D
    Hopefully our game will show how hard indies work! And how much they love their games :)

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Looks awesome! Any testers needed?

6. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    You never fail to amaze me with your progress !
    You can clearly see how your took what you learned on all your previous games and apply that knowledge to the next project.
    Big Sticky looks sooo good already.
    Can't wait for these first videos you're mentioning :)
    Sweet sweet stuff as of now !

7. bigbadbrush

Glad you think it looks awesome! Hopefully you'll think it plays awesome too!
    Just wait for the trailer! :D

We may need some beta testers for the update which we're hoping to do right after apple *cross fingers* approves it in 2 weeks. Send me a pm with your info :)

8. bigbadbrush

Aww Thank you! It's all about learning and growing over here! :D
    Trailer coming reaaallllll soooooooon. Promise!

9. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
  10. bigbadbrush

Trailer for BIG STICKY is officially up!
    It features the story and gameplay :D

You can see it at the very first post on this thread or on youtube here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iv1MiSPV4c

Hope everyone enjoys it! If you have any comments, thoughts and/or questions, I would love to hear them!

11. Jimbo_00

Jimbo_00 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Great stuff! :D

12. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    What do I need to qualify as a Beta Bester apart from good looks and humbleness ?
    The animation seems a bit stiff - could you afford some more inbetween frames or is it all set in stone already - I would think the latter ^^

Anyways, creature design is very lovely - I can see myself dying in a lot of these sticky tongue places already :D
    Dying, yet motivated to overcome the challenge !

13. bigbadbrush

The latter but we're always open to revisions! We had to cut some frames down in certain animations to avoid adding more textures but hopefully the purple frog 'Sticky' being smoother and slicker will make up for it :D

Sticky tongue places can be tough! LOL. But if it keeps you playing again and again, then mission accomplished! :cool:

Send us a PM too, we would love to add more people as beta testers for updates. Are you looking for testers for Droppin' Bombs? Would love to try it out!

14. bigbadbrush

We got emailed by a big publisher today! Which is great news because a) we're flattered and b) it means Big Sticky has potential to do very well! And we sure hope it does especially after 7 months of hard work.

After seeing the huge market base they can reach out too, we always feel the temptation to go the publisher route. Plus the games they recently released and have coming up look awesome. I guess why I'm writing this post here is because I wanted to know what you guys think? I'm sure as indies yourselves, you are in the same boat.

15. Congratulations of being contacted by a publisher! Big Sticky looks really polished and fun to play.

16. bigbadbrush

#16 bigbadbrush, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words.
    It's tough out there so hearing some negative things (which is unavoidable) is always a bummer, but good and/or critical feedback is always great! VERY glad you think it looks fun and polished! :D

17. Jimbo_00

Jimbo_00 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Its always very tempting to go that route. A lot of the games currently coming out from some publishers just look amazing. :eek:

18. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Wow, that's quite big news. Congratulations on that. I really hope you do the right choices and have only but positive experiences out of this.
    But I guess you know your business well enough :)

19. bigbadbrush

Thanks! As for knowing the business, lol, not sure about that! :) It's been a huge learning curve this past year. But the way I look at it, as long as I'm learning and having fun, then I can't complain!:D

20. bigbadbrush

Celebrating our 1st year anniversary today at Big Bad Brush :eek:

What would be awesome is if this purple bad boy gets approved!
    Fingers crossed!