Smash'm - Casual Physics Puzzle Game

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ShawnM, Jul 10, 2013.

1. ShawnM

ShawnM Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Game Developer
    New Albany, Ohio
    For the past 4 months I have been working on a casual iOS/Android game. It can best be described as a cross between Angry Birds and Amazing Alex.

The character is a rotten little gremlin who likes to break stuff. The player's goal is to help the gremlin break vases, ceramic statues, etc., using the fewest rocks possible. For replay-ability, there are also more points awarded for hitting the stars and creating the biggest smash possible. There is no tutorial yet, but the controls are similar to Angry Birds in that you pull back and aim a slingshot.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is a webplayer (you will need the Unity webplayer plugin. This won't work on phones yet):

Unity WebPlayer
    (The controls are a bit funky in the webplayer, but they feel like Angry Birds' controls on the iPhone.)

I currently have 11 levels. The levels are taking me WAY longer to build than I had anticipated.. about a week+ per level. So, I am considering submitting it to publishers.

I definitely need more than 11 levels for a finished game, but I would like to see if I can get a publisher interested and then hire some freelancers to help me. Before I submit to publishers I will polish the GUI, make a logo and splash screen. I will also have an iOS version ready for publishers.

I really can't spend another 6 months working on this game alone and I don't have a budget to hire freelancers. What do you all think? Is it too soon to contact publishers (Chillingo, Zynga, 6Waves, etc.)?

Thanks!
    Shawn

2. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

I don't think it is to soon. It looks like you are way beyond the prototype phase and most of them accept even prototypes. You should contact them.

3. ShawnM

ShawnM Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Game Developer
    New Albany, Ohio
    #3 ShawnM, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback! I will submit it to publishers and see what happens.