Universal Spellsword -(by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 25, 2012.

1. waxandwane

waxandwane Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Y u gotta make me even more impatient!?

Are the virtual controls adjustable? Not that it could prevent me from buying this though ;)

2. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Sorry, controls are not adjustable. What kind of variations would you like to see? We are currently adding updates and can probably fit that in.

And for those interested, Spellsword DOES support iCade.

3. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    It should be possible to freely move and re-size the controls on the iPad. Without that, the game is basically unplayable for me there, which is very disappointing.

4. waxandwane

waxandwane Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    I would not say that it is unplayable but rather lightly uncomfortable when the controls are too low. I haven't tested it yet so I can't say now but it's always best when they're adjustable ;)

5. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Not to pick nits, but "anymore" is an accepted word in (American) English. I assume you're from the Australian oldschool. Yes, I realize this isn't a word usage forum but wanted to make that distinction.

From Miriam-Webster:
    Although both anymore and any more are found in written use, in the 20th century anymore is the more common styling. Anymore is regularly used in negative <no one can be natural anymore — May Sarton>, interrogative <do you read much anymore?>, and conditional <if you do that anymore, I'll leave> contexts and in certain positive constructions <the Washingtonian is too sophisticated to believe anymore in solutions — Russell Baker>.

6. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Am I the only one who feels like this is an attempt to recycle parts from Terra Noctis...? I might be wrong...anyways, anyone know if this one will include a storyline (unline TN)?

7. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    All of the art in Spellsword is original. 0% has been reused from Terra Noctis.

Storyline is not a main point of this game at all. There is text, but the overall depth of a story is not much deeper than Super Crate Box, for instance.

8. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Its just has the same style art as TR, still owned by them, and looks awesome. :cool:

9. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I really don't think Nintendo could sue over "Rupee".

Thus wrote the wiki:

The rupee is the common name for the monetary unit of account in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Mauritius, Seychelles, Maldives, Indonesia (as the Rupiah), and formerly in Burma, and Afghanistan. Historically, the first currency called "rupee" was introduced in the 16th century by Sher Shah Suri, founder of the Sur Empire.

10. dylanmannen

dylanmannen Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    sweden
    pls say this have Gamecenter achivemetns :S

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    It has 33 :)

12. Ghostpants

Ghostpants Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Student
    Australia
    Anyone else have a problem with the game lagging between missions/retries and upgrading anything?

I'm using a jailbroken ipod 4G with 4.3.1.

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    This looks good enough to try for a buck.

+1
    Anymore is the more common spelling anymore every where I've ever gone ;) I only use any more meaning something like additional, as in "I can't eat any more potato chips".

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #75 TheFrost, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  15. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Aside from all of the attempted grammar lessons, seeing the video above has made me pretty excited for the game.

I'll happily be picking this up tonight at 11 while watching the Daily Show.

16. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    WOOOT! 99C insta buy

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I really just wish this could become an universal standard for nearly all iOS games, right up there with Retina and multitasking in terms of necessity...

EDIT: Game? Awesome.

18. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Well, that's what I've been saying as well for quite some time. It's only common sense. I do think the situation seems to be getting a little better lately though. But it still amazes me when a developer reveals themselves to be oblivious to the necessity.

And yeah, the game's not half bad. ;)

19. dafalcon

dafalcon Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Las Vegas, NV
    I lol'd at the video: "Good thing I found this sword! It was dangerous to go alone."