How many games are on your iDevice?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by diffusion8r, Oct 17, 2010.

1. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    For me it's between 100-150 but I'm having an epic spring clean. :)

2. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    25...but on itunes I have installed about 400 games...from "free games" to 1.99$ ones...never take one game over 1.99$

3. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Yea, I also spring cleaned some after switching devices (although its almost winter season here:)). Have the space now and anticipating more games to come though.
    Overall, I'd say 175+ games and apps on my device at this time. I have tons more in my iTunes library.

4. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I have 734 games on iTunes but only around 240 of them on my iPod

5. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    80 on my ipod but only because of crimson gem saga and nhl by 2K
    and 700 and a few more on itunes

6. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    It wa over 100 but when i had to restore my phone there was only 16 that i played enough to warrant putting them back on

7. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Games:217

8. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Same here, no games over 1.99, about 450 on iTunes and about 70 on iPod. Not many permanently free games.

9. TNT_HEADSHOT

TNT_HEADSHOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    211 on device, way more on iTunes

10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I have around 1000 games/apps on iTunes, but only 160ish on my iPod.

11. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    #12 Qordobo, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
    Few weeks ago I made a heroic cleaning effort on my iPad dropping down from 7 hidden pages of app to 1 and a half. Exhausted by this Herculaneum effort I made a little break to discover few weeks after, that seem like 2 days ago, that I have now 9 hidden pages of app. That is depressing!

So let go for some numbers:
    • 400 app on my iPad, this is an exact count not including Apple base applications like iBook or Preferences.
    • 1093 App on itunes
    • 212 are iPad
    • 105 are Universal
    • 776 are iPhone
    • 221 are bought including few IAP/DLC
    • 98 are iPad app bought
    • 19 are Universal app bought (but 2 or 3 was iPhone or iPad becoming Universal)
    • 104 are iPhone app bought (4 or 5 I expected them to become Universal but still waiting those)
    • The average price paid for iPad app is: $2.5
    • The average price paid for Universal app is: $1.65
    • The average price paid for iPhone app is: $2.0
    • I don't have the exact counts for demo and free app.

The average price paid doesn't include many games I got for free and don't consider crap, and most are iPhone.

But I'm still very surprised by the results for the average prices. I have the feeling to buy only $.99 iphone games and pay a lot more for iPad games... but it seems not. I suspect some errors but probably not, I'll check the list to see from what this is coming.

The result is also weird for brave developers doing the friendly effort to make their games Universal but well the numbers are low and there's a handful of iPhone games I bought expecting an Universal release I'm still expecting and in general it's iphone games I paid full price.

12. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    He he, I wasn't that wrong. After a careful check, I really buy only $.99 iPhone games... But there are few exceptions coming from precise categories:
    • A bunch of the iPhone games I bought at a higher price are RPG.
    • Quite many are Brick Breaker which is a genre I became fan (again) with the iPad.
    • Some are from Shmup, which is also a genre I'm mid fan of.
    • Then there's some iPhone games I bought expecting the Universal release (still waiting).
    If I remove them this let only some games from non indie team, Id Software, Cyan Worlds, EA Netherland, Square Enix, Activision, Taito, Cave and Gameloft. And many was sales but not at $.99.

There's exactly only 2 exceptions to those rules:
    • Edge (I was curious to try it and don't regret but I didn't like the touch controls feeling and didn't found puzzles fun enough to justify it).
    • Ace Tennis 3D Online (despite I had already the iPad version but was interesting with the different gameplay of the iphone version, funnily both aren't installed anymore on my iPad)

So yeah I buy only $.99 iPhone games and the picture is rather different for iPad games particularly when you know that there's very few of my favorite genres, RPG, Brick Breakers and Shmup). And there's been plenty HD sales recently particularly for one other of my favorite genre that I never buy on iPhone format, adventure games.

And for Universal games the picture isn't that awful, the point is that there isn't many Universal games so my list is rather small and the statistics mean less. But the point is there's many sales of small games plus few non indie on sale, few lucky sales and for those I paid more there's different type of games, only one not from an indie team, Knights of the Phantom Castle by Hudson. Also how I made the computing a Universal game lower a bit the average because of IPA, Dungeon Solitaire.

13. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I currently have 80 games on my iPod, and around the exact same number on iTunes. Usually, if a game is bad enough to delete from my iPod, it's bad enough to save some space on iTunes as well. I jail broke my iPod, so I can fit them all in 4 pages.

14. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    well I got 76 updates to do so er maybe a bit too many. :D

15. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Too many, way over 300.

16. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

OVER 9000!!!!!!

Nah... Currently 33 apps (retina only). Waiting for some retina updates for some apps; it would go up to 100 or something - on the device.

17. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

cba to count em.
    too many for my own good i'd say.

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    201 on my 32gb 4th gen
    425 on computer