Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by wsyilan, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wsyilan

wsyilan Member

Feb 23, 2011
    #1 wsyilan, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  3. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Heard a rumor but didn't know if it was true but I'm glad it was

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Nice!!!!!

5. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
  6. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    #6 picoro, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
    awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

release date?

7. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    That's the same thing I'm wondering cause the PS vita got so many fake release dates it became annoying ,& no matter how much times you ask the reps at e3 all they would say is coming really soon with a smile,but right now my mind is going crazy wondering should I not get the vita version & save money & just get this for my 4s or not even worry about the mobile version & stick to the more expensive but better vita version or just get both lol

8. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I figured this would be coming to iOS soon. Not sure if I'll be buying this one or not. I'm glad Capcom is supporting iOS with some of their fighting game franchises, but from what I've heard, this game is just jokes to play.

Still, it would be pretty cool to have some Scramble mode games online!

9. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
  10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    What is the difference between this version and the others?

11. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    #12 OutSpoken, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
    :D

Whoa! I didn't see this coming....Best news all day...release now please!

I haven't played Steet Fighter vs Tekken or looked into it much, therefore would have preferred SSF4, but something is better than nothing... and at least it will be iPad supported.

It looks like it will play just like Volt, although I would have thought the next installment of SF for iOS would have had more of an 3D element..

Well my observation from watching the gameplay on the Vita version, since that will be the most realistic one to compare, is that; the iOS one will sadly have static backgrounds like volt and no 3D cut scene vid when the characters perform special moves, but hopefully I'm wrong there..since Volt has short cut scene vids. I looked like the Vita version I saw played faster as well...but again that could be the recorded video.

Furthermore, the notice at the start of the iOS game says "the final version will be greatly different" so I guess we can't past final judgment yet...

12. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Looks like its gonna be Universal :D

13. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Looks like it's a long way away, since it wasn't even a proper confirmation that it is coming.

What I would want more:
    X-men vs Street Fighter (xvsf)
    Update for Volt

Would it really be that hard to update the spellings, random jap language at times and the random nonsensical stuff along with U2s?

14. HellzHavocz

HellzHavocz Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Holy fick, this is legit???

15. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Nice. Probably a more suitable fighting system for iOS than SSFIV. I thought it was a nice mix of SF and MvC, with its own unique flavor. Still not a fan of virtual controls for a fighting game, but meh...

16. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    Volt + new characters....it looks like that to me but it's not a bad things just isn't great. I'd wait for Tekken X Street Fighter ;)

17. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    There is a mistake, capcom will never release this title, it's only a tech demo! It's not an upcoming game!

18. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    For those of you that are wondering, it's just street fighter with more juggle oppertunities. You can charge a move and cancel it by dashing and switch characters mid combo for a meter. Super armor is overpowered in the game. It even beats cross assaults (equivalent of ultra) and supers. Some characters even have that in a regular move. Generally, most tekken characters are only good at juggling and they lack invincible moves. You can literally use M.Bison and just walk up to Paul and keep light kicking him snd the only thing he can do is backdash or jump away. Backdashes aren't as good either and Command throws are horrible. Regular throws have a range of two centimeters and invincible moves just beat everything. I'd only get it for the color customization feature. You can sort of turn mega man into a spider man colored version and change zangief to hulk colors. That's pretty much it.

Btw, a well played kazuya can kill half your health with a combo with only one bar of meter.

19. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Why has nobody mentioned this game is now using 3d models instead of sprites? Potentially smoother animation..if the game didn't run at such a bad frame rate. Hope the final product is smoother.