Universal Growtopia (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 10, 2013.

1. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Since the crazies on growtopia took over our TOUCHARCADE world, I started a new locked world called TOUCHARCADEFORM. Not enough space to spell forum properly haha. But it is locked by me, and trusted member will be allowed by me. Pm me your name and will allow you to get out of locked area!

2. RagerX

RagerX Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I guess that's a better idea. My lock is gone. :(

3. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    My Jetpack finished growing last night! I grew mine all the way from the beginning though, haha.

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    How do you get it?

5. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Steel and Lava

Steel is a somewhat lengthy process lol. And I'm working on getting more of it as it's also required for Gold and The Darkness(for ninja stuff) and whatnot. It's an important step into the higher tiers.

6. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Got a spare seed because I got spare ninja and fairy stuff?

7. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    I could spare one, but also be warned that trying to multiply them can be risky.

8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    What world are you in?

9. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Self titled personal world.

10. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Meet me in hawkinsville

11. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok played alot more and there needs to be a fix

Item boxes need to be in another spot because when scrolling up I hit something rare to get planted not on purpose and if it takes 30 mins to do and people just show up and punch it and leave well it kinda gets annoying

12. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #72 repapermunky, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    This may very well be my favorite mining game on ios. It is fantastic and you owe it to yourselves to give it a try. It's not too hard and you can get rich quick if you learn how and are smart. Most people are friendly althought there are some griefers. Anyway, great game.

FOR DEVS: The game is in serious need of a friend system. In a game like this when you meet a nice person it's fun to play with them, so people will want to have some sort of friends list or communication.

EDIT: It's also a lot better in a bigger screen for sure.

13. Mr. Gamer

Mr. Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I'm a professional when it comes to living.
    In A Town
    Cookies is the best place to be. Just saying.

14. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Any chances of us getting an offline mode? Sadly,I don't have a 24/7 Wifi connection yet.

15. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Since the game is so heavily built around the fact it's online, it's probably doubtful.

And if one were added, it would end up being disconnected from the online mode entirely since it would be easier to hack in things offline and take them online. This is a bigger issue here than in, say, Terraria where profit isn't dependent on IAP.

And a single player mode of waiting for trees to grow that you can't put to use online probably wouldn't be that engrossing lol. Although a single player "creative mode" might be cool, to experiment with designs and stuff. But then that would result in possible secret blocks being spoiled...

16. QWERTYthebold

QWERTYthebold Active Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Why do the small locks protect an area that seems to resemble a house? And why can't I customize what area it protects? It's very weird and confusing.

17. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Thanks for the link seil! I grew my own frog hats last night, I was quite proud of myself ^_^. I see now the importance of all seeds. I had to plant so many trees.

Checked out your seediary. It's so awesome. Like a museum. When you've finished with the trees you should make a mansion :)

18. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    #78 Seil, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    All locks protect an area expanding outward. Except the world lock which acts over a whole world, anyway.

Customizing the protected areas would be pretty cool, though.

Yeah I go through a TON of seeds. And I was just about to add the fifth tier to my seediary, but I think I may hold off and redesign the rooms a little due to potential space issues. Easier to redesign in the early stages. Especially since tier 5 has so many items. Planting them just to have to redo it would suck lol...

19. QWERTYthebold

QWERTYthebold Active Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Yes but why that weird shape? why not just a simple square?

20. Seth A Robinson

Seth A Robinson Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    The lock area sort of "grows" out from the lock position, so if it hits other locked areas or unlockable things (white doors, bedrock) it grows in alternative directions.

Big locks are square if nothing blocks.. Smalls are kind of weird, Huge are sort of like giant rounded circles.

HOWEVER: If you want to get fancy, you CAN shape a lock exactly how you want by clicking the "Ignore empty air" option.

Dig out the area you want (so it's floating, and not touching anything else) and lock (or recalculate lock, if already locked), and it will smarty lock the area.

It's possible to lock say, a long straight wall or perfect shape of any kind using this method.

Maybe a simple square would have been easier, but this method does allow for more flexible ways to use a lock.