Memorial Day sales

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by foxmulderino, May 25, 2011.

1. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
  2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Is it customary for the App Store to experience Memorial Day sales? Any excuse to market the product, I guess...

3. TheCatsMeow

TheCatsMeow Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    Nothing much on sale.. You spoke too soon.
    I've noticed that they only usually discount for big holidays like Xmas,Easter, valentines day.. Are the biggest ones.. The rest are all small random sales.
    So much is free around christmas.
    I think I got: rayman, slice it, cat physics, sunday lawn, geared 1 and 2, tiki totems 2, sheepernova, sheeple, cows in space, farm break, finger physics, cover orange, heaps more.. Was like free app heaven..

4. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    It's probably a good bet that we'll see some sales from EA, Capcom, Gameloft, Namco, Sega, and some indies. Probably nothing spectacular but you never know. Seems like sales are becoming larger and more commonplace all the time.

5. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    it's ok...there are so many games releases today I doubt I would have money for these hypothetical sales

6. crazyfinger

crazyfinger Member

May 19, 2011
    SK
    I'm always sensitive towards those words like "sales" and "free".
    just let it be more ferocious and free my budget for more apps. lol

7. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

There will probably be a few small sales. I would expect we'll see much bigger ones come Independence Day.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    More related to release than Memorial Day, but Neuroshima Hex just got two new IAP armies, on sale for $0.99 each for a limited time...

Neuroshima Hex Puzzle is on sale (again) for $0.99 as well, though I'd highly recommend the board game to the puzzle game if you only get one of them. (They're both good though!)

Rise of the Triad went on sale ($0.99) for the new Duke Nukem game's release.

NLOG MIDI Synth went on sale for $1.99.

9. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Seriously considering Rise of the Triad and that NLOG MIDI Synth. What do you think of the NLOG, Dr. Elbs?

10. Kisguri

Kisguri Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    A Sale has been Commanded

The Dev'orn High Regent wishes to inform you that to honor the untold billions lost on the battlefields in Vincere Totus Astrum (a Casual 4x Game Developed by Gamesare Studios), That he has sent a Regiment of De'Shzz'orn attack troopers to The Developer's home and forced him to lower the price 50% of the game. Which will start on the 27th and end on the 31st of May. $1.99 to $0.99)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vincere-totus-astrum/id432786792?mt=8&ls=1

His most high Regent also wishes all Humans despite there apparent weakness and futility of existence a pleasant holiday weekend. LONG LIVE THE DEV'ORN EMPIRE!

[​IMG]

11. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Wow, thanks Kisguri! I am definitely going to be picking that Vincere Totus Astrum up for 99c.

12. Kisguri

Kisguri Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Don't thank me, thank the Dev'orn Regent of The Hierarchy, His troopers are in my office till the sale is over.

13. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    :D Thanks Dev'orn Regent of the Hierarchy!

14. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Well the big one finally hit, EA has dropped prices on pretty much all thier games. Personally with the new deadspace update out, seems like a steal at that price, NBA Jam HD is on sale but not the .99 everyone was hoping for.

Happy pickings!

15. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I think both versions of Max and the Magic Marker should be on the list too.

16. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Damn. Life still isn't on for 99 cents. $2.99, although cheaper, just isn't enough for that game.

NBA Jam, however... hmm... $2.99 would be much better :)

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Pitman just went on sale for $0.99! (Future update to have music by ME! :D)

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Bought!!! Largely due to the anticipation of hearing your tunes!!

19. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Sold. Love the hometown boy makes it big story. ;)

20. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    And on schedule, down go the usual Namco suspects (Pac Man games to 1.99, Pole Position, Star Trigon, Tamagotchi etc. to .99) ..no surprise, but there it is.