Question about 4th Gen iPod Touch

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Drucifer, May 21, 2010.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    So I recently upgraded to a 3rd Gen iPod Touch and I'm starting to regret it now. I'm wondering if I should have just held off until September 2010 which will likely be the time when Apple releases the new iPod Touch.

:confused:

I'm not sure what Apple might have planned for the next one aside from a camera which I probably wouldn't use much anyway. From the way things seem to go Apple only includes small little features to keep the fans interested in the new model but I just don't want to see the 4th Gen come out and then be restricted to certain apps again just like how the 3rd Gen has the upgraded RAM that the older models didn't which limits them.

2. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Well, I was thinking of getting a third gen also but since they tend to keep their iphone and ipod touch models close in terms of power and features, I am totally witing for the 4th. The 4th gen iphone has twice as much pixel resolution, and a much more powerful processor (not like the so far incremental upgrades.) Also, since the third gen itouch was supposed to have a camera except for a manufacturing error, the fourth is almost sure to have a camera. I am willing to wait for september to get a new ipod.

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    twice as much pixel resolution really?

I haven't heard anything about the next iPT, unlike all this news with the iPhone. expecting a bigger upgrade than last year's though, I'm sure there'll be a camera on it. wait and see what else

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Yeah I haven't opened it yet because I don't want to lose all my save data for all my games so I think I'm going to return it and just wait for the 4th Gen.

The camera isn't a huge deal for me but if they do have some other updates that are also rumored for the iPhone then it sounds like this might be the best improvement yet since the iPod Touch came out. I think I'll just return it and wait until it is at least announced to hear the new features.

5. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Yep. If Apple will go with the their past actions, hardware-wise, the touch should be almost identical to the iPhone except the thickness, lack of vibrate, and double the storage. Too bad rumors has it that Apple won't be upgrading RAM capacity this year. But you're sure to get all the OS 4 voodoo and the A4 SoC chip. Now if the iPhone will turn away from it's curved back, I'm curious how the touch will look like. Here's hoping for bigger battery as well.

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    iThink Sept. is not too far, just return it, whn iPhone OS 6 'll come out, the 3rd gen 'll prolly not be able to support a few features of it :D

Once you have returned it (15 days return policy?) when the iPhone comes out, U should be able to decide if you want the iPod touch 3g or the 4g & pick your Poison accordingly :p

7. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    I got a 3rd generation for my b-day in January, I think it should probably last me at least 2 generations before I have to upgrade.

8. BTM4444

BTM4444 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Freshman In College. Studying Public Administratio
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Idk if u heard about it but there was an apple employee that accidently left one of the new models at a party. Some people payed to open it up and examne it and it will have around 16% more battery life. Which really doesn't sound like much but that's good enough for me!

9. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    if your talking about the iPhone 4g, that's pretty old news. if it really was an iPod, then i think apple is just pulling publicity stunts. First some apple employee leaves the iphone 4g prototype behind, now an iPod Touch 4g too? Apple's getting pretty sloppy

10. Ricinator

Ricinator Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Australia
    Some random Viet people have both the models of the iPhone 4g and iTouch 4g. They showed the touch as having a camera but nothing else in the design was significant.

11. h0130j03

Jun 28, 2009
    yup, they're either sloppy or upping the hype for the iphone 4g and itouch 4g

12. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Well it's too late now, isn't it?

13. h0130j03

Jun 28, 2009
    unless the store he bought it from has a return policy

14. nazgul788

nazgul788 Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I suspect that The Ipod Touch model in question is infact just a 3rd gen prototype from when the addition of a camera was intended

15. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    This is exactly what I've been thinking. I already bought my iPod Touch 3rd Gen, but now I'm starting to regret it. I've always wanted an iPod Touch with a camera, since I bring around my iPod with me a lot. D:

16. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    Yea I had to upgrade to a 3rd gen couple weeks ago... my 2nd gen just quit working one morning after playing daredevil dave lol. And I was really lucky I backed up all my games and songs in itunes the day before it busted or I would have been really upset. Oh and when you back up your purchases I still had all my save games and such so your saves will transfer over so if you are worried about that don't be. :p

(Speaking of that I should change my profile to say I have a 3rd gen now lol)

17. DPRICE81

DPRICE81 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Regretting a 3rd generation ipod touch? Are you nuts? I got mine for xmas and it might as well be glued to my hand permanently like a 3d tattoo. I dont see any reason why they're not going to come out with new features every year. Can you really be that excited over a 2 or 3 megapixel camera?

The Nokia N800 has a 12 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics. SPeaking of which whens that one coming out?

18. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I got my ipod touch 3G for Christmas last year...I dont think Im going to upgrade it for quite a while unless it breaks.