The Color Gray - New Mobile Adventure Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheColorGray, Jul 6, 2013.

1. TheColorGray

TheColorGray Active Member

Jul 6, 2013
    #1 TheColorGray, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    Hello everyone,

We are a small team of indie game developers and we would like to introduce "The Color Gray," a new adventure game for mobile platforms.

A few years ago my sister and I sat down and discussed what we enjoyed the most about adventure games. We loved the well crafted stories, the beautiful artwork, and the casual pacing.

We then started talking about what we enjoyed the least. One thing quickly stood out, even though it was an adventure game staple: the puzzles. We felt that the puzzles would actually break the immersion. Frustration would set in, or even worse, we'd get stuck and stop playing. Could we remove these puzzles and still create an interesting experience? We thought we'd try.

The Color Gray is just that. An adventure game that follows a twisting story of deceit and manipulation with no traditional puzzles. Instead, we've introduced morally gray choices that must be made along the way. These decisions greatly affect the story and the characters you meet. The goal is to create an experience that felt like you were always progressing while at the same time giving you increased control of the results.

We are planning on releasing it for the iOS and Android in August. Any feedback or opinions are greatly appreciated!

You can find our trailer and more on our website: www.thecolorgraygame.com

Or follow us on Twitter: @colorgraygame

2. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Looks really interesting. I'm excited already!!

3. masa

masa Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Landscape Designer
    Bordeaux, France
    Adventure game without puzzle. I love that. I'm writing an article, i think a lot of our reader will like this kind of game.

4. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Woah, this looks good. Reminds me of Gemini Rue. However, on the subject of puzzles...I have to say it's one of my favorite parts about games. I like having to exercise my gray matter and that feeling of excitement when you succeed.

However, I will stay tuned to this and am looking forwards to its release. Interested to see how the no-puzzle approach works out. :)

5. TheColorGray

Jul 6, 2013
    Thanks a lot you guys!

An adventure game without puzzles will definitely not be for everyone. Hope you'll give it a shot though!

6. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Oh, my. The morally ambiguous shapeshifter in me likes the look of this, and the way it looks graphically, too. :)

7. POLYGAMe

POLYGAMe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Game Developer (iOS, Mega Drive, C64)
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I not only want this game, I NEED IT.

8. TheColorGray

Jul 6, 2013
    and we NEED you!

9. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member