Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-17-2013, 05:06 PM
iPad 2

This is plain awesome!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:16 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

They have ruined a great game with their "improvements". The diff curve ramps up greatly, numerous crashs while equipping health pods in slot B...

Why do dev teams do this stuff to once great games?? They could had made a killing from this game by improving on the orginal which was true digital crack for me a few years ago. Instead it's basically part one with IAP.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:44 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain1dog View Post
They have ruined a great game with their "improvements". The diff curve ramps up greatly, numerous crashs while equipping health pods in slot B...

Why do dev teams do this stuff to once great games?? They could had made a killing from this game by improving on the orginal which was true digital crack for me a few years ago. Instead it's basically part one with IAP.
There is a new patch out which I downloaded and I haven't had any crashes at all, so this is pretty huge. Now that I have had a chance to play (I am at the end of the second area) I don't see there as being any difficulty spikes at all, nor do I feel there is a need for IAP. This feels almost identical to the original in terms of gameplay. Yeah, it is a little trickier with certain enemies, but the first one was way too easy, so the extra challenge is welcomed. The game still doles out money pretty liberally, which is another reason I see no need for the IAP. From my perspective, it is completely optional. Maybe that will change as I get further in, but it doesn't seem like it.

If you liked the first, I would check this out for sure.

EDIT: Well, you can pretty much disregard what I just said. I just started the third area and the second room in I am being completely swarmed by bats and the dudes with the shields. I've died 10 times in a row. So, there is your difficulty spike and push for the Rapid Fire IAP, which I'm sure would take out these enemies with ease.

Last edited by SumoSplash; 03-20-2013 at 01:58 AM..
Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I like the enemies in this game better than the first one, but by the time you get to level 3 it quickly starts to feel way too grindy. The difficulty goes through the roof and it becomes almost impossible to play without IAP. This, along with the constant crashes, caused me to stop in mid-game and simply delete this app. I'll stick to the first one for my Robokill fix; it has a much more balanced gameplay, never crashes, and includes a survival mode which is missing in part 2.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:42 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by anwar79 View Post
I don't know about you guys but the gradual difficulty curve is not accurate. on the third mission exponentially harder. Enemies take a lot more damage and deal out more damage quickly. Never died once on the 2 mission but on the third I've already lost half my money... I think the difficulty curve is wrong.

That or are they trying to force you to buy one of the IAP's ? Hate to say it but it looks more and more like the Insurance IAP is getting very much a requirement.... I'm playing on an iPod 5 so maybe the small screen is to blame bits it very difficult to avoid things
I read back through to this post and this is accurate, and no, this has nothing to do with your iPod. This is intentional and blatant Freemium that, honestly, I find to be insulting. The first two areas are easy, with the third area becoming extremely difficult and annoying instantaneously. As you enter a new room, you are swarmed with flying enemies, shot with rockets and rammed by enemies with shields with barely no escape route and little time to react.

So, yes, the 'gradual difficulty curve' is exactly accurate alright, for Wandake to force IAP on you. I'm telling you man, this crap has to stop.

Deleted. Again.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:46 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWeird View Post
I like the enemies in this game better than the first one, but by the time you get to level 3 it quickly starts to feel way too grindy. The difficulty goes through the roof and it becomes almost impossible to play without IAP. This, along with the constant crashes, caused me to stop in mid-game and simply delete this app. I'll stick to the first one for my Robokill fix; it has a much more balanced gameplay, never crashes, and includes a survival mode which is missing in part 2.
Yeah, exactly. Fellow TA members, stay away from this. If anything, play Apocalypse Max, which attempts to have Freemium elements but fails miserably in this regard, and remains an excellent title.