Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-23-2014, 05:50 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimus View Post
On Alba it seems.
Has anybody figured out how to fish?
I have the lure, the bait and the fishing pole, i get close to a pool of water but if I try to use the fishing pole he just uses it as if it were a weapon.
Place lures, or bait into the ammo slot, then use a fishing rod to shoot them into the liquid.

The bobber will stay almost still for a bit, then bob a little maybe 3 times, then drop 3/4 down the block and stay there, TAP.

If it says "The fish got away (or escaped)" then you did it right, but were unlucky. If it doesn't say anything you didn't tap at the right time, most likely too soon.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:46 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I haven't played in a while, because each update deleted a little bit more of my save game. This last update deleted my charcter, all recipes (I had a lot) and the portal to the third planet. Am I correct in thinking I should just erase the adventure file and start a new one? I could move my loot to a new home planet, then start over and look for portal pieces. I'm only bummed about losing recipes, because I enjoyed looking for them.

Also, do you need to find recipes for poles/lures? Fishing sounds pretty fun.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:18 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

[QUOTE=InkyTheGhost;3295054]...each update deleted a little bit more of my save game. This last update deleted my charcter, all recipes (I had a lot) and the portal to the third planet. Am I correct in thinking I should just erase the adventure file and start a new one?

That's what I would do, although you should probably contact XsX & Jack first by making a report on their forums in case they are interested in having you send them your adventure save files so they can try and figure out the root cause.

Quote:
I could move my loot to a new home planet, then start over and look for portal pieces. I'm only bummed about losing recipes, because I enjoyed looking for them.

Also, do you need to find recipes for poles/lures? Fishing sounds pretty fun.
You do need to find the new recipes related to fishing (finally found the fishing pole shortly before dinner) but I wouldn't sweat either that or losing your recipes too much. I tested it once (a few updates ago mind you, but still) how long it took to fill the craft book from scratch and it was maybe 8 total hours of mining before I had 100% of the recipes. They drop frequently when mining underground. And if it really bothers you, it's only a $0.99 tip to the devs to unlock all recipes instantly anyhow.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:15 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

[QUOTE=C.Hannum;3295087]
Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyTheGhost View Post

That's what I would do, although you should probably contact XsX & Jack first by making a report on their forums in case they are interested in having you send them your adventure save files so they can try and figure out the root cause.

You do need to find the new recipes related to fishing (finally found the fishing pole shortly before dinner) but I wouldn't sweat either that or losing your recipes too much. I tested it once (a few updates ago mind you, but still) how long it took to fill the craft book from scratch and it was maybe 8 total hours of mining before I had 100% of the recipes. They drop frequently when mining underground. And if it really bothers you, it's only a $0.99 tip to the devs to unlock all recipes instantly anyhow.
Cheers, thanks for the response. I should contact them. And I'm on the fence about the craftbook. Not for the dollar, I just really enjoyed randomly finding recipes while mining.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=InkyTheGhost;3295146]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post

Cheers, thanks for the response. I should contact them. And I'm on the fence about the craftbook. Not for the dollar, I just really enjoyed randomly finding recipes while mining.
There is an option to toggle the craft book on or off so you can still look for the notes if you want or you can enable the complete book.