Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. ayeverily

ayeverily New Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Moon Dragon, i think

i posted this on the 'DragonVale Wiki' ->

i SWEAR to god that i just got a checkered egg from breeding Blue Fire & Crystal, in that order. i just sped up a 48-hr breeding time. i do not have a jailbroken device. i suspect that in the next couple days, as more people wait out 48-hr breeding times, they'll be surprised to find a checkered egg (y'know, unless the DragonVale makers decide to finally fix that graphic) instead of a rainbow-speckled egg. ...you know, this means i still don't have a rainbow dragon :'(

add me on ayeverily if you want to see.

PS i'm level 19, so at least people who aren't close to level 20 need not despair ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Narakai

Narakai Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    It does not appear we can breed a lightning/water combo. We don't have a grass dragon so I am thinking this information is misleading.
    Have tried a number of combinations but have had no success but will keep trying. If I have luck I will definitely share the combinations with you all.
    Narakai

3. Narakai

Oct 1, 2011
    Hi everyone. I just got the checkered "egg" by breeding a level 9 ice with a level 10 scorch. Breeding time was 48 hours but being impatient, I sped it up and got the checkered "egg" in the hatchery. I was so excited I didn't check the incubation time - I wanted to let you all know.
    Very exciting - I will post another message to tell you the incubation time.
    Narakai

4. Narakai

Oct 1, 2011
    OMG incubation time was 48 hours. I sped it up and now have a very lovely moon baby bouncing about in the habitat.... I am thrilled.

Now for the sun..

Narakai

5. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    What time did you breed it? May I see it?

6. Narakai

Oct 1, 2011
    It was around 12.30/1.00pm.
    My gc is Narakley. Your welcome to view my islands. My moon dragon is now level 5 and very cute..

7. AndyPandy26

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Thank you. I tried your combo 4 times with no luck so maybe theres a certain time to breed it, or maybe it's just chance like the rainbow.

8. Narakai

Oct 1, 2011
    Hi AndyPandy26
    I received your friend request but I am not sure what to do.
    I actually only have my son as a friend and he set that up.. I am new to game centre and playing games.

9. Narakai

Oct 1, 2011
    All sorted.

10. AndyPandy26

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Omg! How cute is that thing!!! I want one lol

11. Emz868

Emz868 Member

Oct 22, 2011
    #491 Emz868, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
    Moon dragon

Hi, I did it with blue fire/crystal respectively on my first try with this combination. I am on level 20 and both the dragons were on level 10. The incubation time was 48 hours and I purchased gems to speed up both waiting times. I bought the sun and moon habitats first and put them on different islands (I'm not sure this has anything to do with breeding but it might). I also did this at 5.30 New Zealand time. I do not have a jail broken device. Add me if you would like to see, my game center ID is Emz868. Also the egg wasn't egg shaped it was a checkered flag instead.

Got the Sun now too :) Blue Fire/Storm both level 10, 48 hour incubation time like moon. Now I just need to get my 2nd rainbow. did anyone have any luck getting a rainbow with the same combination they used to get it the first time? I got it with swamp and scorch but have had no luck getting one again with this pair and ive tried about 20+ times now.

12. Narakai

Oct 1, 2011
    They are cute and they appear to breathe out stars. I hope you get one soon. I will have my fingers crossed for you.

I am trying for sun now and will let you know if I am successful.

13. AndyPandy26

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Good luck with the sun dragon. I'll keep trying for moon.

14. Eor

Eor Member

Sep 29, 2011
    I bred Sun Dragon!

I used Storm & Mud, both level 10.
    I'm level 20 and had both the sun & moon habitats, on different islands.
    I put the dragons into the breeding cave at about 1:02am pacific time.

It took several tries and on one of them I got a rainbow dragon, which I don't need, and then when I got Sun it came up 48 hours breeding time again and I thought jeez it took so long to get my first rainbow dragon and now all I can get is rainbows!! So I bought more gems and incubated it, but it came up as a rectangular black & white checkerboard instead of an egg, and a 48 hour incubation time. I thought it was a moon based on other posts here, but when I hatched it, it came out Sun! I'm really surprised that combo made Sun, I was definitely thinking fire, air and maybe lightning combo for Sun.

I'm Undizp if anyone wants to take a look I'll add you.

15. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    I can confirm that. Just bred Storm 10/Mud 10 @1:15am pacific time and got a Sun on the first try ;)

16. 79CAB

79CAB Member

Sep 30, 2011
    #496 79CAB, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
    I have been trying for over a month now to get a Rainbow, blue fire or sandstorm. Every combination mentioned but still no luck. Never bought Any gems maybe that has something to do with it. Are there people who didn't spend real money and have for example the rainbow? If not I quit this game.

17. StrykerB77W

StrykerB77W Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Don't give up! I have never spent real money on the game and I am currently incubating my 3rd rainbow dragon. I also have all other dragons except sun and moon, which I'm working on right now.

It can seem to take a very long time. Think I bred for about a month and a half before getting my first rainbow! I bred firefly/seaweed lvl 10 for the first 2 and then bred the 2 rainbows together for the third.

18. CrimZon

CrimZon New Member

Nov 6, 2011
    ok so looking at most other peoples posts it looks like
    sun= earth + blazing
    Moon= Earth + Ice
    or maybe they are like the rainbow dragon. completely random

19. QueenMaub

QueenMaub New Member

Oct 22, 2011

I have made an IAP and still cannot breed a Rainbow.

20. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    It takes time but if you are interested i got mine with a seaweed/firefly combo